Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
We are heading down with thto MineMade for the first time next weekend (Sept 10-12th)….

Any suggestions for anyone who’s been before?!

Thanks!
You gotta hit the waterfall and climb it, the railroad trestle, is almost impossible to get to and it’s a long way away, it’s in a different county. The tunnel looks like it has collapsed when were there a couple weeks ago and we were afraid to attempt it. The cabins were nice (we had cabin #2). They have a atv wash station which is nice. Use $5 in it vs $1 you get way more time for your money that way. Local restaurants are good which by local I mean 27 mins to hazard and 34 minutes to Prestonsburg.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta hit the waterfall and climb it, the railroad trestle, is almost impossible to get to and it’s a long way away, it’s in a different county. The tunnel looks like it has collapsed when were there a couple weeks ago and we were afraid to attempt it. The cabins were nice (we had cabin #2). They have a atv wash station which is nice. Use $5 in it vs $1 you get way more time for your money that way. Local restaurants are good which by local I mean 27 mins to hazard and 34 minutes to Prestonsburg.
Awesome thanks for the tips and heads up!
We are looking forward to it. We are staying at the campground in our camper….I think all the cabins where booked for the month already.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Also when you take on the waterfall. Stay to the driver side. On the right side there are two metal pipes up on the rock that blend in that are sticking straight up. At the top of the water fall on the right is a way to get out as a tree covers a path / the creek on around the bend past the waterfall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.