Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a video where someone broke a rear axle on a rzr. They just pulled the axle and rode in 3wd the rest of the weekend. My questions are:

Would this put extra stress on the rear diff to where it would have just been better to not ride it?

Do you have to plug the hole on the rear diff where the axle splines went?

I’ve never been in a situation like that but it would be good info to know in case a machine in our group breaks one with no spare.
Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,246 Posts
I personally would not ride the rest of the day, that’s for sure. You could however make your way back to the trailer like that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you had the ends off a broken axle you could stick them in without the shaft and run it. But I take it you’ve never experience a broken axle? They don’t drive or go worth a shit.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you had the ends off a broken axle you could stick them in without the shaft and run it. But I take it you’ve never experience a broken axle? They don’t drive or go worth a shit.
Nope, I started riding quads around 2010 and side by sides around 2016. In all the rides we’ve done and trips we’ve been on, nobody in our group has broken one. We’ve trashed our share of A arms, roached wheel bearings, blown plenty of tires, ruined at least 8 RZR belts but never an axle. 2 of our rzr guys always have spares but never needed them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
RZRs have tiny axles pencil sticks compared to a KRX axles. Weak link for us is the axle stub that can pop out of the transaxle assy when the circlip fails. as it did on mine at 950 miles.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nope, I started riding quads around 2010 and side by sides around 2016. In all the rides we’ve done and trips we’ve been on, nobody in our group has broken one. We’ve trashed our share of A arms, roached wheel bearings, blown plenty of tires, ruined at least 8 RZR belts but never an axle. 2 of our rzr guys always have spares but never needed them.
I had a honda pioneer before this and my God.. every big ride our group would be breaking multiples. If you don’t have a spare you can limp back but the machine just doesn’t perform the same. The KRX is a different beast.. it will take a lot more abuse. 1500 hard miles and I’ve had no issues. Just don’t get the front end bouncing and you should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts