Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a Matching RED paint or powder coat number for the eS model yet?

Wanting to get nerf bar tree kickers in red.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
106 Posts
Decided to get the OEM nerf bars, and will paint with Wrinkle Plus, to allow for touch up as needed as these WILL get dented and scratched.

How did the color matching go with the wrinkle? I have some touch up that needs to be done on the front bumper. I have used rust-o-leum Gloss Black on the scuffed up bead locks and I think the match was pretty spot on.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Ordered a rear sport bumper and it came in with a scratch or 3 when UPS played kick ball with it on the truck and I want to touch it up. Anyone ever find a decent match?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
106 Posts
I called car quest to see how much they would charge. They said they’d have to scan it as the color wasn’t in their system. I’ll try to get trailered up and get over there this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
The Kawasaki 603 Candy Persimmon Red requires a base coat (1041) to match properly. If you buy the red touch up pen and the 1041 base pen you are looking at $36 before shipping. Pricey to touch up a SxS that is only going to get more and more beat up. I think I'm going to Walmart and find the nearest red I can find and call it a day. Thanks for the legwork anyway @Raymond Noodle .

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
106 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I lucked out on the beadlocks so maybe I’ll go try some different gloss red rust o’s also. 👍🏽

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
106 Posts
The guy at Carquest used the paint camera to find the paint code. He had to use a flat spot not a bumper bar so I showed him the trailing arm in the pic. He said that he got a perfect scan of 0. Kawasaki didn’t suggest more than one red color when I inquired with them for a paint code. I was surprised to find out it matched a Chrysler Red DT3364. No primer and no clear coat necessary. One step touch up. Full size can. Feels full. $21.84 I’ll touch up the front bumper and let you know how it matches tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS
106 Posts
I’m quite pleased with the color match and it will work for my purposes. It will definitely help to keep the front bar from looking beat down and getting rusty from the sandblasting it takes on the trails. The gloss may be off just a hair I will warn, if you are a perfectionist. Although it may just be that the whole bar has began to color shift slightly from trail use. I figure after one ride it will be a negligible difference so I’m ok with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts