Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
1) How much do they weigh?

2) What type of terrain have you used them in?

3) Can you tell from the driver's seat that your sidewalls are stiffer than stock?

4) They don't look any bigger than the stock tires. What size are they?

Reactions: Paul65 and 1911cdp

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) How much do they weigh? 44lbs

2) What type of terrain have you used them in? Mud, hard pack dirt, some rocks. Haven't seen much difference yet except hard pack hills the carnivores dig better

3) Can you tell from the driver's seat that your sidewalls are stiffer than stock? Yes, but not appreciably. Better road manners obviously, but no difference in roots and rocks, the machine is plenty heavy enough to bend the sidewalls.

4) They don't look any bigger than the stock tires. What size are they? Same, 31x10.5x15, the beads are thicker by 5mm, I got each beadlock ring started with 8 longer bolts then replaced them with the stockers.

I've been on 2 rides with them at 10 psi front, 12 psi rear, I'm taking them down to 8/10 for this weekend to see if they perform better. I went to truck tires simply because they were half the price and last basically forever compared to utv tires. If I can get similar performance, and I have so far, then it's a big win in my book.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
It looks like you left the negative camber intact. Any performance issues there? I'd be curious about long term tire wear on pavement with a similar arrangement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do ride a fair amount of asphalt to and from Redbird and I could definitely see the wear on the carnivores, that was with two rotations in 1000 miles. Time will tell on these. I'll try to keep updates coming.

Reactions: Unregistered User

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
I do ride a fair amount of asphalt to and from Redbird and I could definitely see the wear on the carnivores, that was with two rotations in 1000 miles. Time will tell on these. I'll try to keep updates coming.
Any updates on how these are doing?

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far so good, got about 700 miles on them. No real signs of wear. Good in the mud and slick stuff, not as good as the carnivores on rocks and roots, need a little more speed now to get over that stuff. I'm keeping them at 8/10 psi front/rear. I haven't gotten stuck anywhere I wouldn't have before, if anything they are better in the mud. I think they will be a great winter tire. I'll probably move up a few sizes come spring and keep these for road rides and maybe snow.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
So far so good, got about 700 miles on them. No real signs of wear. Good in the mud and slick stuff, not as good as the carnivores on rocks and roots, need a little more speed now to get over that stuff. I'm keeping them at 8/10 psi front/rear. I haven't gotten stuck anywhere I wouldn't have before, if anything they are better in the mud. I think they will be a great winter tire. I'll probably move up a few sizes come spring and keep these for road rides and maybe snow.
Thanks for the update. I ride about 20 miles of pavement every time I go to my local trails (80% of my rides). I installed a set of system 3 RT320's less than 500 miles ago, and they're nearly half gone already. I've been looking at LT tires and it's down to these MXT's or a set of general grabber x3's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really wanted the Cooper SST Pros but couldn't justify the price to "try" LT truck tires. Now that I know they will work that might be what I buy next spring, and a new set of wheels to go along with them. I want to go to 33's, but that's a 60lb tire, most of the SxS tires are in the mid 40's at a 33". I've already got the RCOR weights but not really sure about that much extra weight on the rest of the machine. The KRX has been bullet proof so far, I hate to start breaking things simply because of tire weight. My other thought is to buy another set of the MXT's in a 33 and shave some of the center lugs out to open them up. The 33x12.50R15 weighs 55lbs, if I shave of half of every center lug I'm hoping that will give better traction on rocks and roots, and get them under 50lbs each. I have all winter to research, I'm sure I'll figure something out..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I really wanted the Cooper SST Pros but couldn't justify the price to "try" LT truck tires. Now that I know they will work that might be what I buy next spring, and a new set of wheels to go along with them. I want to go to 33's, but that's a 60lb tire, most of the SxS tires are in the mid 40's at a 33". I've already got the RCOR weights but not really sure about that much extra weight on the rest of the machine. The KRX has been bullet proof so far, I hate to start breaking things simply because of tire weight. My other thought is to buy another set of the MXT's in a 33 and shave some of the center lugs out to open them up. The 33x12.50R15 weighs 55lbs, if I shave of half of every center lug I'm hoping that will give better traction on rocks and roots, and get them under 50lbs each. I have all winter to research, I'm sure I'll figure something out..
That's a good idea. I was instantly turned from the 33s because most of them were over 60lbs but I hadn't considered getting a groover to lighten then up🤔

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
991 Posts
Thanks for the update. I ride about 20 miles of pavement every time I go to my local trails (80% of my rides). I installed a set of system 3 RT320's less than 500 miles ago, and they're nearly half gone already. I've been looking at LT tires and it's down to these MXT's or a set of general grabber x3's.
Your RT320’s are half gone at 500 miles? That’s the tire I’m considering! My XTR370’s are half gone at 1400 miles. My machine is a WV HMT primary so I’m sure looking at the road friendly tire options. Thought I had it figured out with the RT320. Little concerned about the round profile as I’ve always run a tire with a square shoulder. I love my 370’s they just wear too fast on WV road riding.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts