Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly 12 years of being the best companion a person could ever ask for, our girl lost her battle to liver and kidney disease on Sunday morning. She was truly one of a kind and will be missed more than words can say.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I’m so sorry. I know your pain from past experiences, and it’s a horrible thing to go through. My golden retriever is going on 10, when ever he goes, a part of me will go with him.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, Shock Therapy, CageWRX Sport cage, 33" System 3 RT320's
185 Posts
Bummer dude. Condolences.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hate these posts. So sorry to hear.

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed when my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand >that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile, because they "just don't understand."

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I know what your going through, I just lost my 16 year old beagle back in May. I said I would never get another dog after loosing her, it's just to painful when something happens to them. I made it a little over a month before getting another Beagle pup. She don't really make me feel any better about losing my best friend, but she does keep me from dwelling on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After nearly 12 years of being the best companion a person could ever ask for, our girl lost her battle to liver and kidney disease on Sunday morning. She was truly one of a kind and will be missed more than words can say.

View attachment 5135

View attachment 5136

View attachment 5137

View attachment 5138

View attachment 5139

View attachment 5140

View attachment 5141

View attachment 5142

View attachment 5143

View attachment 5144
Man that’s tough. A good dog just can’t be beat. The most loyal and best friend a person can ask for. I’m sure she had a better life than anyone else could have given her. I can appreciate a person that treats a dog good.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed when my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand >that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile, because they "just don't understand."
That's an awesome post. Thanks for that!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for your loss. I know what your going through, I just lost my 16 year old beagle back in May. I said I would never get another dog after loosing her, it's just to painful when something happens to them. I made it a little over a month before getting another Beagle pup. She don't really make me feel any better about losing my best friend, but she does keep me from dwelling on it.

Taylie was a Coonhound/Beagle mix. She was a farm pup out of Nebraska and my wife brought her home after going out for a cousin's funeral. She was only 5 weeks old. Bode is sure missing his sister but getting all the attention now. He is a mix of 5 different breeds. Dachshund, Chihuahua, West Highland Terrier, Border Collie and Australian Shepperd. Extremely fast, smart and goofy, all rolled up in one. He came from a ranch in Montana where my mother-in-law lived. I'm sure we will eventually get another, but it won't be for a while.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Well said

1 - 20 of 24 Posts