Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience carrying a 35” spare tire, please share. I’m trying to narrow my choices to what will do the job. I did searches and read a lot of interesting posts. There’s the Kawasaki, the Tusk, the Factory UTV, and the SuperATV. Plus some custom built ones that are not for sale but are inspiring. Any I’ve missed?

MUST CARRY A 35” TIRE.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,078 Posts
The Tusk mount is rock solid. It carries my 32" with plenty of room to spare and lots of adjustments to height and angle of tire could be made if needed or wanted. A bonus is that you can see under it somewhat in the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
154 Posts
The Kawi mount is sloped down in the back and definitely reduces rear view capabilities. You can’t see above or below it, you have to look around it. When we took the wife’s out for a little rip yesterday, I used the rear camera on mine to keep an eye on her as the rear view mirror was rendered almost useless for seeing directly behind you. Still need the mirror to be street legal though. I do like that it flips up for easy access to the cooler in the bed for sodas on the trail. The shocks work good with the tray, y-strap, and factory rim and tire and seem to have enough oomph for some extra weight. Maybe a 35” tire. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Have almost 100 miles with it on and seems to be holding itself together with no squeaking or rattles, without any additional torquing of the hardware. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 10” GPS tablet is in a RAM mount where a rear view mirror would be. I use a backup camera and side mirrors. So I’m already used to not seeing out the back, no concerns there.

I’ve read a lot more negative feedback on the Kawasaki spare tire mount than positive. I think yours may be the first positive review, so thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 eS “Rocky” 2021 KRX 1000 eS “Double Vision”
154 Posts
I also noticed the negative reviews, especially about installation. I took a chance as I had noted most of the complaints seemed to be operator/installer error. I did not experience anything unexpected from mass produced part makers. (had to trim some plastic) I’m a skilled tradesman, so I’m used to operator error and the complaints that come along with them. I think people are more likely to give negative responses and not praises overall in most instances unfortunately, imo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone with experience carrying a 35” spare tire, please share. I’m trying to narrow my choices to what will do the job. I did searches and read a lot of interesting posts. There’s the Kawasaki, the Tusk, the Factory UTV, and the SuperATV. Plus some custom built ones that are not for sale but are inspiring. Any I’ve missed?

MUST CARRY A 35”

MUST CARRY A 35” TIRE.

Thanks.
This is the one we bought and yes we have our 35"spare on it..we can see behind us no problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s the one by Factory UTV. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s the one by Factory UTV. Thanks for the info!

You are Welcome!!!

·
Registered
‘21 Blue KRX, 35” XCR 350’s, Shock Therapy spring and revalve, loaded
10 Posts
I’m running the factory carrier with a 35”, gas shocks are a little weak when cold but do hold the tire up on warmer days. I also carry a small shovel to help support it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.