Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to sell some stock Kaw KRX clutch weights? Don't have to be in good shape.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use as a go-by, re-draw, and cut a set. It's only an experiment and something I enjoy. I'm on the RCOR list but will be a few weeks and I don't want to take ours apart until the new ones come in. Just thought maybe somebody had some laying around they'd part with cheap. If not, I'll wait and until the new ones come in and use my own.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Use as a go-by, re-draw, and cut a set. It's only an experiment and something I enjoy. I'm on the RCOR list but will be a few weeks and I don't want to take ours apart until the new ones come in. Just thought maybe somebody had some laying around they'd part with cheap. If not, I'll wait and until the new ones come in and use my own.
I’d be interested in a set if you decide to do more than one. I have a set I can send you

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First stab at my own weights. Smaller one in front is basically the stock kawasaki geometry only about 5 grams lighter. The second one has a 1mm taller and wider ramp.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dan,
Thanks. I installed the wider taller weights and drove it a little around town. Major reduction in rpm at cruising speed but lost low end power. I'm also not running a primary spring which also lowers rpm. I'm guessing the low end loss has more to do with the weight of the weight rather than the geometry. I may take them out and see if I can trim some fat and get them down to stock or even lighter. For reference, stock weights weigh 86.47 grams, my copy of the stock weight is 81.3 grams and the taller/wider weight is 88.48 grams. From what I understand, a little is a lot when it comes to weight of weights and where it's at.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, Installed the smaller, lighter set. Really snappy on low end. Rpm v running speed about the same as stock and no shift feeling. Now to see how long they hold up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts