Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on what accessories to get from Kawasaki and which accessories I should get from aftermarket. I
will almost exclusively ride Windrock, North Cumberland WMA(Royal Blue/Tackett Creek) and Brimstone.
I've already made my mind up on a few. Sport roof and Click 6 harnesses are for sure from kawasaki. Superatv flip up windshield and Warn Winch. The rest I want some pros, cons and recommendations of what brand. Here is a list of what I'm adding for sure but don't know where from.

UHMW skids/trailing arm guards/rock sliders
Soft rear panel
Top winch mount front bumper
Fender flares
Rear view mirror

What are your thoughts on nerf bars?
Anything else that's a must have that I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
578 Posts
Here’s my 2 cents. Get your machine, and hit the trails. The more you ride it, the more you’ll figure out what you need. Accessories are way over priced these days, and there’s nothing worse then tossing money on stuff that does nothing for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here’s my 2 cents. Get your machine, and hit the trails. The more you ride it, the more you’ll figure out what you need. Accessories are way over priced these days, and there’s nothing worse then tossing money on stuff that does nothing for you.
Skids and a winch is not even a option of waiting. I know they have metal skids but I would trash those 1st ride.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on what accessories to get from Kawasaki and which accessories I should get from aftermarket. I
will almost exclusively ride Windrock, North Cumberland WMA(Royal Blue/Tackett Creek) and Brimstone.
I've already made my mind up on a few. Sport roof and Click 6 harnesses are for sure from kawasaki. Superatv flip up windshield and Warn Winch. The rest I want some pros, cons and recommendations of what brand. Here is a list of what I'm adding for sure but don't know where from.

Soft rear panel
Fender flares
Rear view mirror

Click six all the way
I’m going Kawi glass and wiper this time. But if you want poly you should consider one of the cheaper quick attach methods. The windshield fits in the rear rops if you don’t want it on but want to take it, just in case.
Trail armor skids.. get the trailing arm guards when you order. And use “Thank you” discount code for 10% off.
I’m running this winch and it’s actually pretty decent.. you can catch them on sale for $150. They’re a warn knockoff
With this wireless remote...
Then just add an Amazon synthetic line and aluminum hawse for $50
FYI.. The rear panel doesn’t seem to be as important as it was on the pioneer. @Chaka can better direct you there
I’ve been looking at the HMF top mount bumpers but want to see one in person with 35’s to see what it does to the approach angle. I like being able to go right up to the rock face and tires are the only thing that contact.
Rox blokz fender flares
The Kawi lighted rear view mirror is actually quite good.
I would also add AJs intake covers to your list. 35’s and a VFJ S2 tune. I have the Kawi tree kickers and they’re ok.. they’re going to get beat up in the rocks though. I’ll probably reinforce them soon.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
578 Posts
Skids and a winch is not even a option of waiting. I know they have metal skids but I would trash those 1st ride.
Now see, they have no use for me. That’s why I said to ride it and figure out what you need.
I don’t do any riding that would require me to have skid plates. And as far as a winch, I’ll take a come-a-long and some straps any day of the week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BigParm, if you ride in East TN you may not test the winch every trip but you will be on the skids before the machine gets warmed up good!! It is like the factory rock sliders and tree kickers, my concern is if they stick straight out ... you are just adding width to the machine and how much mud will stay in the back section. Usually the aftermarket companies design them to angle up and slightly out until you get to the kicker at the back wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
701 Posts

Soft rear panel
Fender flares
Rear view mirror

I have the Tusk UHMW skids. They have rock sliders built in. They don't wrap very far up on the sides, but you usually don't slide over rocks way up on the sides. I have OEM a-arm guards, not real impressed with them, and OEM trailing arm guards. The trailing arm guards I think are fine.
For fender flares, just do a search on them. Many options to choose from. My choice was from AJ's. I only bought the front flares. $100 well spent. KRX 1000 - AJ's SXS Accessories
My rearview mirror is the ATV TEK from RMATV. Works fine, it's a mirror...
Another Must Have is a fire extinguisher and a good mount. Scosche TerraClamp is an excellent product. (another RMATV purchase) I bought just the mount. Had it on my General for a couple of years, and now on the KRX for over a year. You can buy a bottle at HomeDepot for about $15.
Hop on RockyMountain ATV/MC. They have a great selection of accessories.

Tusk UHMW skids

Fire extinguisher mount

Fender Flares

·
Registered
249 Posts
Now see, they have no use for me. That’s why I said to ride it and figure out what you need.
I don’t do any riding that would require me to have skid plates. And as far as a winch, I’ll take a come-a-long and some straps any day of the week.
Lol.. I’ve used both over the years. I can’t tell you how many times we walked back to the house as kids to get that damn come a long. A winch is an absolute must with a 2000+ pound off-road machine. And 1/2” uhmw skids might even push the winch to number 2.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
578 Posts
Lol.. I’ve used both over the years. I can’t tell you how many times we walked back to the house as kids to get that damn come a long. A winch is an absolute must with a 2000+ pound off-road machine. And 1/2” uhmw skids might even push the winch to number 2.
See, where I ride (AZ) it’s mostly high speed desert, and forest service roads. No real need for skid plates. A winch IMO is useless, as 90% of the time you’re nose down in a ditch. How’s a winch going to help you then? I can get myself out of 99% of any situation with a come-a-long and some tow straps.

If I had to pick a couple of “must haves” for the buggy. A 2” hitch on the rear with a D-ring attachment, and a tow hook on the front.

Again, it all depends on the terrain you’ll be riding on. When I lived back east, all we did was “boony bashing” style riding. A full skid and beefed up bumpers were a must.

·
Registered
249 Posts
See, where I ride (AZ) it’s mostly high speed desert, and forest service roads. No real need for skid plates. A winch IMO is useless, as 90% of the time you’re nose down in a ditch. How’s a winch going to help you then? I can get myself out of 99% of any situation with a come-a-long and some tow straps.

If I had to pick a couple of “must haves” for the buggy. A 2” hitch on the rear with a D-ring attachment, and a tow hook on the front.

Again, it all depends on the terrain you’ll be riding on. When I lived back east, all we did was “boony bashing” style riding. A full skid and beefed up bumpers were a must.
I ride all over the country.. and I’ve used the winch and skids in both the east and west. Yes, if the ONLY place I ever rode was the dunes then maybe I wouldn’t bother. But then your limited to only one sand box. For $1000 you can add two of the most vital and useful pieces of equipment you can have on a sxs.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000
21 Posts
I’ll be adding the tusk skids once I’ve totally trashed the factory ones, which shouldn’t take too much longer. Though here for us a roof and winch are must haves. The roof keeps limbs off your head and from coming in through the top. Witches we use just about every trip.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
BigParm, if you ride in East TN you may not test the winch every trip but you will be on the skids before the machine gets warmed up good!! It is like the factory rock sliders and tree kickers, my concern is if they stick straight out ... you are just adding width to the machine and how much mud will stay in the back section. Usually the aftermarket companies design them to angle up and slightly out until you get to the kicker at the back wheel.
The Stock Nerf bars (as hey call Them don't really increase the width of the machine- if they do it is fractions of an inch. they come out to basically even with the rear tire at their widest. We just call them tree kickers here. they do hold a lot of mud however I can testify to that. One could remove the flat metal piece on the top and it might allow some mud to pass

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Click six all the way
I’m going Kawi glass and wiper this time. But if you want poly you should consider one of the cheaper quick attach methods. The windshield fits in the rear rops if you don’t want it on but want to take it, just in case.
Trail armor skids.. get the trailing arm guards when you order. And use “Thank you” discount code for 10% off.
I’m running this winch and it’s actually pretty decent.. you can catch them on sale for $150. They’re a warn knockoff
With this wireless remote...
Then just add an Amazon synthetic line and aluminum hawse for $50
FYI.. The rear panel doesn’t seem to be as important as it was on the pioneer. @Chaka can better direct you there
I’ve been looking at the HMF top mount bumpers but want to see one in person with 35’s to see what it does to the approach angle. I like being able to go right up to the rock face and tires are the only thing that contact.
Rox blokz fender flares
The Kawi lighted rear view mirror is actually quite good.
I would also add AJs intake covers to your list. 35’s and a VFJ S2 tune. I have the Kawi tree kickers and they’re ok.. they’re going to get beat up in the rocks though. I’ll probably reinforce them soon.
I have been surprised that I have not found a need for the rear panel as of yet. I have ridden 100 miles on a couple of days where it was in the 30's and with only the glass windshield and the sport roof and I really ahve not had any swirling in the cab ... One of the days was dusty and If I was having any dust come it it was so little i did not notice.

My only other comparison is the the Pioneer I ahd previously - if I ahve the roof and windshield on I had to have the Mid panel as the dust and swirl of cold air was horrible.

I ahve a new Rear panel - just have not found the need to put it on.... Now if it is raining ,, yea it is going on

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been surprised that I have not found a need for the rear panel as of yet. I have ridden 100 miles on a couple of days where it was in the 30's and with only the glass windshield and the sport roof and I really ahve not had any swirling in the cab ... One of the days was dusty and If I was having any dust come it it was so little i did not notice.

My only other comparison is the the Pioneer I ahd previously - if I ahve the roof and windshield on I had to have the Mid panel as the dust and swirl of cold air was horrible.

I ahve a new Rear panel - just have not found the need to put it on.... Now if it is raining ,, yea it is going on
I've been running soft doors this winter on the pioneer and I've spoiled the wife with it being so warm. I don't even wear coveralls when it's in the 20s. Even if the dust is not a problem, I will still get it for winter and like u said the rain. I will get the soft upper doors for the winter also. I'm not even 100% on getting it yet. I might just keep holding my breath for a talon with a true locker and lower gearing lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been running soft doors this winter on the pioneer and I've spoiled the wife with it being so warm. I don't even wear coveralls when it's in the 20s. Even if the dust is not a problem, I will still get it for winter and like u said the rain. I will get the soft upper doors for the winter also. I'm not even 100% on getting it yet. I might just keep holding my breath for a talon with a true locker and lower gearing lol.
Don’t waste your time and money on the talon.. you get more for your money with the KRX. You need to take a ride with me at takeover!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don’t waste your time and money on the talon.. you get more for your money with the KRX. You need to take a ride with me at takeover!
I'm kinda hoping to have something before June. Plus you would probably touch me in my special place.

·
Registered
209 Posts

Soft rear panel
Fender flares
Rear view mirror

You don't have to go through kawasaki to get kawasaki parts. Many after market stores carry the kawasaki accessories. And usually you can get better prices too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm kinda hoping to have something before June. Plus you would probably touch me in my special place.
I don’t blame ya.. there are 11 or 12 of us now that have made the switch.. and a couple of the talon guys aren’t far behind doing it!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue
97 Posts
They need to throw a whole new suspension design at it as well, to go along with an actual locker and usable gearing...
Not having front lockers was the number one deal breaker for me. I have buddies who love their talons but some of the stuff we ride in VA, TN, WV, and KY, if you don’t have lockers available you better have a good winch.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts