Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently posted about my Kawasaki Spare Tire / Cargo rack missing the piece that covers the latching mechanism. I'd planned on returning it and ordering a Tusk, but everywhere is out of stock until at least August. The Kawasaki one has been on back order for ages and shows no signs of coming back.. So, I'm debating keeping this one and having a piece made to fix it. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to pop their cover off and take a few photos from different angles so I can see what it looks like on the inside and determine if it's something I can have made. Mine showed up without the piece in the box at all, not even broken... so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. I have the little push handle, but not the cover.

Here's a photo of where the part should be:

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
That looks really cheaply made. I wouldn’t want to have to trust that if it was 100% right. I’d rather wait for quality, that have to fix garbage. Pack some plugs and an inner tube. That way you don’t even need a spare tire and the weight following you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently posted about my Kawasaki Spare Tire / Cargo rack missing the piece that covers the latching mechanism. I'd planned on returning it and ordering a Tusk, but everywhere is out of stock until at least August. The Kawasaki one has been on back order for ages and shows no signs of coming back.. So, I'm debating keeping this one and having a piece made to fix it. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to pop their cover off and take a few photos from different angles so I can see what it looks like on the inside and determine if it's something I can have made. Mine showed up without the piece in the box at all, not even broken... so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. I have the little push handle, but not the cover.

Here's a photo of where the part should be:
View attachment 3326

Thanks!
I ordered that same carrier on my buggy and they couldn’t get it anytime soon, based on what your saying I’m glad, ended up getting one from SuperAtv, very happy with it, rock solid, cheaper, leaves more room for cargo and had it in 2 days, might be worth a look if you can return that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts