Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a KRX to try before taking a huge investment in the machine. Wife and I both loved it, but I noticed when driving in a gravel parking lot it handled like the rear diff was locked and not a limited slip. I saw on this forum it is a locked rear diff. We drive at Hatfield in WV and in that trail system you drive on asphalt no way around it. I was always taught driving a locked diff on asphalt was a problem waiting to happen. When we drove the KRX on asphalt I could hear the tires screech in turns even when we were in 2WD. My fear is driving lots of miles on asphalt which we will have to do in WV will ultimately do damage to a locked rear diff system. Do other owners consider this a concern or am I making this a bigger deal than it is?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
263 Posts
It is a locked rear end. I believe the Polaris General is the only side by side that has a rear end that can be unlocked. Cornering on hard surfaces is hard on the tires, but that is to be expected.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's always locked like 99% on all SXS's.
I drive mine on asphalt all the time from the house to the trails or to the store on 35" stickies with no worries with the dif. It will eat the tires up some but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
These are not street machines... Thus the locked rear diffs. With that said your not going to damage the rear end driving on pavement. Only damage you will do is wearing our your tires. Run a good set of DOT tires and air them way up ~20psi if asphalt is your thing

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been to Hatfield a few times. With the mix of road riding and trail I don’t think you will have any issues. Mine sees the same terrain no issue yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I swear I see $$$ puffs of tire smoke every corner I took on 116 in Oliver springs TN.
Hate being on the road, but it's a necessary evil around the southeast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts