Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my 35" Braven Broadaxe tires and want to be sure I didn't over extend my Shock Therapy modified shocks due to the extra weight of these. I installed the Elite SXS straps, but they seem to be too short. I mean they came with no instructions and there is ZERO support from Elite. Has anyone else installed these? I installed limit straps on my X3 from Shock Therapy and the support and instructions from them was top notch. Nothing like these guys.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Installed my 35" Braven Broadaxe tires and want to be sure I didn't over extend my Shock Therapy modified shocks due to the extra weight of these. I installed the Elite SXS straps, but they seem to be too short. I mean they came with no instructions and there is ZERO support from Elite. Has anyone else installed these? I installed limit straps on my X3 from Shock Therapy and the support and instructions from them was top notch. Nothing like these guys.
I have a set but never installed them. I started to put the fronts oe but I agree they seem too short, even though when you do the length calculations they are longer than that math. And no instructions at all leaves you guessing.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
336 Posts
I would think they need to be a little shorter than the full stroke of the shock. Otherwise, how would they protect the shock?

I ordered a set from them just before Labor Day and still waiting for them. I tried to email them for an ETA, zero response.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think they need to be a little shorter than the full stroke of the shock. Otherwise, how would they protect the shock?

I ordered a set from them just before Labor Day and still waiting for them. I tried to email them for an ETA, zero response.
Yes, i understand thier purpose, but i mean they are like 2-3" shorter than the full stroke of the shock. This will certainly affect rebound. Shock Therapy had me set up at -1" full stroke.

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
336 Posts
Yes, i understand thier purpose, but i mean they are like 2-3" shorter than the full stroke of the shock. This will certainly affect rebound. Shock Therapy had me set up at -1" full stroke.
Wow, 2-3" is too much. I would think 1/2" would be enough. Even if the strap stretches on hard hits, it will take a lot of the stress off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.