Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great feedback on this!

So for me, it looks like I don’t need them. I do a lot of high speed (50ish) desert riding, so my sway bars stay to control body roll when cornering. So I guess it all depends on your style and terrain of riding.
You’re right, it does... and I think these shocks have an internal dampening spring. Maybe someone else can verify that. But regardless of riding style.. they aren’t a bad idea for anyone to do and some should highly consider them particularly if you’re going up in weight.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
But like Bob said, when both tires drop out at the same time, the sway bar does virtually nothing to limit wheel travel. So with big tires and high speed you still might want the limit straps.
I don’t have big tires, currently running factory, and when those wear out, I’m only going to a 32”.
I could see your point (and bobs) if I was spending more time in the air then on the ground, but that’s not my style of riding. Sure a jump here and one there, but if the machine is built to handle that from the factory, it better do its job, or Kawasaki is going to be replacing parts all the time.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
You’re right, it does... and I think these shocks have an internal dampening spring. Maybe someone else can verify that. But regardless of riding style.. they aren’t a bad idea for anyone to do and some should highly consider them particularly if you’re going up in weight.
I don't know if these shocks have the internal spring or not. It would be interesting to know if someone could shed some light on that for us. I think most have it, but there are differences is those spring weights as well. When I had my Elka shocks built for my General, I was told that a properly built shock didn't need limit straps to protect it from over extension. Huge heavy tires and heavy wheels were the exception, such as what one sees on trophy trucks and such.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
462 Posts
I don’t have big tires, currently running factory, and when those wear out, I’m only going to a 32”.
I could see your point (and bobs) if I was spending more time in the air then on the ground, but that’s not my style of riding. Sure a jump here and one there, but if the machine is built to handle that from the factory, it better do its job, or Kawasaki is going to be replacing parts all the time.
I too am willing to trust that they are properly built. I'm not willing to limit my suspension travel since the majority on my riding is rocky trails and rock crawling.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I too am willing to trust that they are properly built. I'm not willing to limit my suspension travel since the majority on my riding is rocky trails and rock crawling.
Same type of riding here.. But you don’t really limit your travel much at all with the straps.. they’ll stretch and you’ll maybe lose 1/2”

21 - 26 of 26 Posts