Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people running for ~40" light bars?

I'm not spending $400-500 for the Green/White factory light bar and factory mount.

Ebay has 40" bar mounts for $50, what are people running?

got photos? mounted and even them throwing light at night?

thoughts / options?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,114 Posts
Iv got the Emp mounts, and a 42in curved nightlight that I got on Amazon for about 80 bucks. Spot flood combo pretty Impressed with it.
I got the exact same setup I can vouch for it. Kicks ass and doesn’t break the bank. I ordered a $10 harness kit too, comes with the rocker switch and all the wiring for a painless install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have pretty much the same - EMP mounts with a 50" spot/flood combo I bought off Amazon for $140 (Superbrights) and $12 for the harness. Was at Hatfield McCoys a few weeks back and got off the trails around 7pm every day. Without it, we were in total darkness but this lit up the way perfectly....And saved a TON of money so I really don't worry about it getting hung up on a branch or whatever. I'll just unplug it, remove two bolts holding it to the brackets and replace it with the same - without spending 700-800 bucks! By the way, the EMP mounts are excellent!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,113 Posts
I'm not spending $400-500 for the Green/White factory light bar and factory mount.
I’m right there with ya Rocky!!

I’ll be following along this one. I don’t do much if any night riding, but during the times of the year when it gets dark earlier, I’d be interested in getting one for the right price.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
I have pretty much the same - EMP mounts with a 50" spot/flood combo I bought off Amazon for $140 (Superbrights) and $12 for the harness. Was at Hatfield McCoys a few weeks back and got off the trails around 7pm every day. Without it, we were in total darkness but this lit up the way perfectly....And saved a TON of money so I really don't worry about it getting hung up on a branch or whatever. I'll just unplug it, remove two bolts holding it to the brackets and replace it with the same - without spending 700-800 bucks! By the way, the EMP mounts are excellent!
How is the 50" light bar working out? I'm looking for a light bar for my KRX and there's a local shop that sells a 32" and 50". I haven't pulled the trigger since I wasn't sure if a 50" would fit above the roof. And I think 32" would be too small since where it would need to be mounted.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,114 Posts
How is the 50" light bar working out? I'm looking for a light bar for my KRX and there's a local shop that sells a 32" and 50". I haven't pulled the trigger since I wasn't sure if a 50" would fit above the roof. And I think 32" would be too small since where it would need to be mounted.
42 minimum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Works out just fine and plenty of clearance for the KAW sport roof. The EMP mounts actually fit without any bending but, I think if you go with these mounts, I would not go less than 48.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been searching thru Amazon for the EMP mounts or (any mount) to mount a 42" led light bar on roof . I'm not seeing anything that will work....... I have the KQR Premium Roof on my KRX

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,114 Posts
Same as most emp mounts $100 Amazon 42” curved.
Mines a 3 row combo came with the harness and 4” cubes I have not used. But it lights up like crazy.
I have the nilight 42” curved. Came with harness and switch. Outer part of bar is flood lights inner is spot beam. Black housing. Currently on sale for $62.
Limited-time deal: Nilight - 71014C-A 42" 240W Spot Flood Combo High Power LED Driving Lamp LED Light Bar Off Road Fog Driving Work Lights for SUV Boat Jeep Lamp, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY1W7AO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dlT1_B6FYJ49AXMZBP7WCKXQB

1 - 20 of 34 Posts