Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
101 - 117 of 144 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
You don't have to buy a full set of skid plates, but I would highly recommend it. The protection they provide as well as the peace of mind when you drag your belly over a rock or stump is worth every penny. Lot's of folks swear you need 1/2" skids. I live on the rocks and 3/8" is plenty good enough for my machines.

View attachment 9073

View attachment 9074
those look good, I haven't looked that hard but the ones I saw were all metal and with me already dragging ass I was afraid of the added weight

· Registered
119 Posts
You don't have to buy a full set of skid plates, but I would highly recommend it. The protection they provide as well as the peace of mind when you drag your belly over a rock or stump is worth every penny. Lot's of folks swear you need 1/2" skids. I live on the rocks and 3/8" is plenty good enough for my machines.

View attachment 9073

View attachment 9074
Thanks Bob took a look under mine cause I know I scraped a few putting those Tusk plates on order tonight View attachment 9101
View attachment 9100
it's all about the view

· Registered
41 Posts
Thank you I love it 14K thought about 2 post but since I don’t use it every day, I don’t worry about the balance point. And the KRX fits. My mother-in-law god rest her sole used to say “ I don’t know why you need a lift you going into business” Always wanted to say who changes your oil lol but I bite my tongue

· Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys i just installed the full access skid plate. I wanted to let you know If using the OEM Kawasaki plastic skid plates, that goes over the full access one it uses 4 holes that full access does which would be the most rear holes ( Long Bolts) and the next 2 going towards the front of the car so you also have to enlarge the Kawai plate holes to 3/8” the bolts will work especially the long ones the other ones will work as well they just barely come through the nut. Then the next two forward holes you have to drill the plate. Maybe this is useless info but thought I would Share. Have a good weekend.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,034 Posts

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Can folks post some tire (35's) and rims (beadlocks) combinations you put on your rides with thoughts. Thinking my trail edition needs a father's day present 🎁 🤔
Tusk has some nice options and they don't break the bank. (bonus, the caps bolt on so you won't lose them :) ) I went with the Teton series. The 5+2 offset will add about 2" overall width to your KRX. Mine have 32's on them.

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 #TeamGreen
135 Posts
Can folks post some tire (35's) and rims (beadlocks) combinations you put on your rides with thoughts. Thinking my trail edition needs a father's day present 🎁 🤔
I have 5+2 STI HD9s for wheels. I had the rings powdered Kawi green. These wheel centers also bolt on. I went with 33" 370s and love the combo. I had zero noticeable power loss.

101 - 117 of 144 Posts