Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the top 10 "fixes or product improvements" to make the KRX the best machine on the market!

1. Horse Power! 175hp out of the box! This make you forget many other issues.(this was put up to create a "buzz" and it spurred a whole separate thread!)

1. False advertisement for future power upgrades!!! Right from the beginning it was touted!!!!!
I came to this conclusion only since this power debate started, thanks Bob!!!
Piston ring position, fuel system and at least able to handle a mild boost option.
2. Environmental Factors:
A. Dust- I almost came home and sold it, I though what am I going to do?-seal up the holes and I shouldn't have to pay for it!!!
B. Heat-best practice redesign rad to rear. Insulate the heating elements-your engineers told you what to do(really no rubber boots over the shifter and brake handle. That's either being cheap or your Dir. of Engineering needs replaced!)
Vent to let air in: a wing like the cars used to have or vent down by your leg
C. Noise-add sound deadening , covering holes helps
These all go hand in hand with fit, finish and design to some degree.
3. Jumping out of gear!
4. Springs!
5. Clutch issues!
6. Brake need to be larger-more friction!!!
7. Accurate fuel gauge, fuel supply and redesign tank so no cavitation.
8. seat angle adjustment Tipped mine forward-shimmed rear 2 washers.
9. Dead pedal redesign
10. Street legal lighting option
11. Radio Communication option
12. Door hinge bushing needs to be brass, alot of stress on small plastic ones
13. Fix rattling passenger hold bar

We have a base model for 3 model years, now the big dog!!!

Once we see trends we will put up a poll.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
Since I see/read so much about it I would say

2. Sound and heat insulation
3. Higher quality springs
4. Proper fuel tank ventilation

I'm fine with the HP. It is a good fit with the gearing. Big HP will produce it's own list of broken parts/needed fixes.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I've got well north of $1000 in time spent dicking with my spare tire carrier that I still have to ratchet strap down because it shakes like a sick junkie 24 hours past due a fix when driving. So far the latching mechanism has failed twice locking it in the down position. I now carry some specific tools to fix that and have had to reconfigure my load out to be able to access things if it does fail closed again.

Springs lasted a whopping 300 miles before chattering on crossovers like a freezing dog due to sag.

Oil smells like gas....not sure about that. Going to do a simple viscosity test verses new oil when I do an early oil change in a day or so.

Clutch inspection the other day produced this inspirational picture. Looks like the start of another "groovey" KRX adventure. Fingernail drag test doesn't doesn't indicate Detectible grooving.....yet.

Can't wait for the next 500 miles.
Edit.....I put the Kawasaki tailgate on.....thought about For a week or so and threw it in the trash.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Stronger and lower cage
More power
Long lasting springs
close up all the holes in the cab and doors
Better quality clutch parts
Fuel gauge that is accurate
gas tank vent and rollover valve that works reliably
door separation
quicker steering ratio
Park instead of emergency brake. With a belt if u forget to let off brake and start to take off u get belt wear!

Reactions: Chilled Rider

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
Here’s my dream list lol

Clutch system ( would prefer a 6 speed paddle shift w auto option.)
Radiator relocated to the rear
Cab seal-enclosure option
Should come with 32’s
More power. Can am is at 200hp now
Smoother engine. Maybe a 4 cylinder. The putt putt noise it makes sounds like an atv.
How about an engine out of their H2R superbike?
Springs and crossover ring shouldn’t have been a problem.
Heater and AC combined option.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice job guys! You know Kawasaki is watching. Please list in number format like Bob did, discuss reason below your list (repeating others is encouraged). We want it to stick out and be obvious what the customer "SAYS" about the product. Please new customers to Kawasaki list your concerns "jumping on" to their product and what ship are you jumping from?
Suggestion-Let's not debate each other, raise your points in this thread...it is your opinion that counts.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Edition, RCOR weights, Shock Therapy, CageWRX cage, 31"x10.50-15LT General Grabber X3's
269 Posts
1. Fix clutch weights
2. Fix saggy springs
3. Excessive cab heat
4. More HP would be nice. If I have to hear another RZR turbo moron bragging about his 60 more HP I'm gonna have to cut him.

• Haha
Reactions: Dialed and BobX2

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
834 Posts
1.Door separation.
2. Spongy-soft brake pedal.
3. Attachment of Center cap on stock wheels needs to be addressed.
4. Of course the tender springs.
5. Heavier load range tire.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
Nice job guys! You know Kawasaki is watching. Please list in number format like Bob did, discuss reason below your list (repeating others is encouraged). We want it to stick out and be obvious what the customer "SAYS" about the product. Please new customers to Kawasaki list your concerns "jumping on" to their product and what ship are you jumping from?
Suggestion-Let's not debate each other, raise your points in this thread...it is your opinion that counts.
Any data to support that Kawasaki is watching?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not, but at least we have a central point for product evaluation by the user in a concise format that gives consumer's "at -a-glance" data to make their best judgement, whether to buy or not.
If they (kawi) do not (I bet $100 they are), there are industry investment analysts watching.

Those that jumped ship please post reasons why, you are the loudest voices.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
I would guess that Kawasaki has a few people who watch all the different social media sites about their product. This is far and away the largest KRX forum. As our membership grows, I would think it would get more attention. There are so many KRX pages on fb that I don't know how many they would try to follow. A forum is a much easier platform to watch and track. Does it do any good? I don't know, but it can't hurt. Kawasaki has been the most responsive company I've seen in the powersports market.

·
Registered
2020 krx 1000. 35" System 3 xtr370's.
52 Posts
1. Fix clutch weights
2. Fix saggy springs
3. Excessive cab heat
4. More HP would be nice. If I have to hear another RZR turbo moron bragging about his 60 more HP I'm gonna have to cut him.
I love when they say that. ...then I walk right up a steep hill and watch them break axles trying to follow cause they had to hit it so hard..😁😁😁

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
I jumped in from a Wolverine. Most of what I know about the KRX and it's issues I learned here. I have not experienced anything negative with mine but would agree with those items posted here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
1. Clutching/gearing. This thing screams at 40mph, even with my 32" tires. It's terrible.
2. Needs better noise insulation.
3. Clutching.
4. Needs better heat insulation.
5. And maybe revise the clutching.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
4. Quality control
Many owners have found things that just shouldn't be. Fasteners missing, too tight, too loose or stripped. Shoddy assembly by dealers. An occasional and catastrophic failure. A nagging little something that just doesn't sound right but can't be found. Wise owners give their KRX a thorough inspection shortly after getting it home, I know I did. As did my excellent dealer because I didn't find anything major. Unfortunately, all dealers are not created equal, but they should be.
lol You are obviously relatively new to this hobby. Compared to other brands, Kawasaki QC is top notch. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
1. Better brakes. These things have the speed, weight and tire size of a car. Why are mfgs still trying to use atv/motorcycle sized brake systems.
2. A third cruising gear or other option to lower RPM for cruising.
3. Move the radiator to the rear. The KRX is about the only machine that could this without giving up any storage. No cab heat, no worries about clogging. Why keep it up front?
4. Factory reverse lights. People have wanted this since ATV's got reverse.
5. The fit and finish of the doors is horrible. The seems are a poor design and the bushing problems are do to slop in the hinges.
6. Bigger cup holders

·
Registered
284 Posts
Things I'd like to see:
1) accurate fuel gauge
2) get rid of the big floor drain plugs, once you dent the underside in the right place they pop out and won't go back in
3) give it a more sleek look (like the Can-am), lower roof line and change the bodywork some to sleek it out. I'm 6-4 and still have way too much room over my head. i could lower it down 4" or so and still have tons of room.
4) add-on turbo option that's a factory option. or....
5)manual transmission like the YXZ. losing so much power to the belt drive, might not even need a turbo if you had a good manual transmission.
6) I'd like to see a third gear, for better high speed cruising.
7) and some shift on the fly for the gear selection; pain in the arse to have to come to a stop just to switch from low to high range or vise versa
8) get rid of the Phillips head bolts that hold the skid plates on, once they get clogged w/dirt they're a major PITA.
9) a sound system from the factory that doesn't cost $1K+ and consist of components that in actuality cost about $3.50 on the 'mazon.....
10) fix the factory fuel tank venting issue, we install the aftermarket rollover valves in the fuel tank vent line. even having a small charcoal canister for tank venting would be ok
11) Kawasaki could seriously loose the wheel center caps, they just come flying off within 100 miles anyways.
12) a 4 seater option..... it was a hard sell on the wife to buy a two seater with so much capability. our Wolverine just doesn't have the capability of the KRX, and i've had to leave it back at camp on some trails, along with 1 person. she reminds me we need the 4 seater, then i remind her the only good option is a Polaris (who she will not buy another one of their products again).

1 - 20 of 118 Posts