Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of bluetooth whips and I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips or instructions on how to wire these up? I have everything I need including a rocker switch. Just haven't been able to find a video on how to do these. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
YUP. Look behind your drivers tail light........you'll see 2 bullet connectors labeled ACC+ and -

these are Keyed on power.

Cut the electrical tape towards the front of the machine, these are 3" long pig-tails that you'll use to wire to your whip lights.............that's the whole function of these ACC factory run wires. I also used them to power my rear license plate light.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YUP. Look behind your drivers tail light........you'll see 2 bullet connectors labeled ACC+ and -

these are Keyed on power.

Cut the electrical tape towards the front of the machine, these are 3" long pig-tails that you'll use to wire to your whip lights.............that's the whole function of these ACC factory run wires. I also used them to power my rear license plate light.
Great, thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I were to wire the whips to the ACC wires behind the drivers seat, wouldn't that mean the whips would be always on? Since its powered by the key? I got the rocker switch so I could tell it to turn on when I wanted them on.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,282 Posts
If I were to wire the whips to the ACC wires behind the drivers seat, wouldn't that mean the whips would be always on? Since its powered by the key? I got the rocker switch so I could tell it to turn on when I wanted them on.
That’s what the app is for. You can shut them off. I do prefer a switch. Pickup a nilight wiring harness from amazon. Makes wiring a breeze and they work great.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice and help! I was able to get them installed last weekend! Took longer than expected, but now I know how to take apart the dash and plastics around it 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts