Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife put our KRX on it's side. It was one of those slow motion roll overs where damage was minimal and speed was low. It was on a downhill so it had rolled past 90 degrees and was probably closer to 130 degrees of angle. It rolled on the driver side and we had oil on the roll cage and coming the plastic between the driver seat and bed area and from where the plastic meets right behind the driver seat on the side. It smelled more like gear oil than motor oil but I looked over the front and rear diff and didn't see any evidence of leaking so I assume it has to be engine oil. I thought that would be a sealed system and am bothered some leaked out. All together it was probably equal to 2 or 3 tablespoons of fluid and it was on its side for 45 minutes. I flipped it back and took it down the hill then gave it about 30 min for any fluids to go back where they should. My wife drove it for the next few days and it seems ok. I am wondering if the fluid leaking is something I should be concerned about or is there a good reason for it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
It's gear oil from the differentials and transmission, they vent into the roll bar, I recently rolled mine and it was on it's top for over an hour and not one drop of engine oil or gas ran out of the machine, once we got it back on it's wheels it started right up without even a puff of smoke..... however that stinkin gear oil was all over the inside of the cab.. Check your front an rear differentials and top them off and you'll be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.