Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to all this. It looks like a tune or clutch weights almost do the same thing. I’m sure I may be wrong but just doing research. I would like to get the most out of what I get. Looking at dynojet pv3 and adjustable clutch weights. But if one does the same as the other then I’ll get one Or the other. Please no offense but would like to hear facts from people that have done these not opinions. I have a 21 KRX and looking to put 35s on it. I do mud, rocks and trails. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m new to all this. It looks like a tune or clutch weights almost do the same thing. I’m sure I may be wrong but just doing research. I would like to get the most out of what I get. Looking at dynojet pv3 and adjustable clutch weights. But if one does the same as the other then I’ll get one Or the other. Please no offense but would like to hear facts from people that have done these not opinions. I have a 21 KRX and looking to put 35s on it. I do mud, rocks and trails. Thanks in advance
I’m leaning towards pv3 because of returning ecu to stock if needed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Personally I would go with the VForce John Ultimate tune, He is able to adjust settings to keep the AFR on both cylinders the same, the DynoJet will not allow for Lambda adjustments so your AFRs will never be the same for both cylinders, I had his tune, actually I just sold my spare ECU with this tune this morning, I have ran the Alba tune and a couple Versions of VFJs tune and his latest tune is the best I have ran. if you ever need to return to stock, he will do that for you for free (just need to send it back)
As far as clutch weights, they will all wear, I was currently running the RCOR weights but they we showing wear at around 800 miles but still work good, you will see more performance from a tune than weights but the Kawi weights are wearing very fast for some people, the RCOR and some other weights are adjustable as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally I would go with the VForce John Ultimate tune, He is able to adjust settings to keep the AFR on both cylinders the same, the DynoJet will not allow for Lambda adjustments so your AFRs will never be the same for both cylinders, I had his tune, actually I just sold my spare ECU with this tune this morning, I have ran the Alba tune and a couple Versions of VFJs tune and his latest tune is the best I have ran. if you ever need to return to stock, he will do that for you for free (just need to send it back)
As far as clutch weights, they will all wear, I was currently running the RCOR weights but they we showing wear at around 800 miles but still work good, you will see more performance from a tune than weights but the Kawi weights are wearing very fast for some people, the RCOR and some other weights are adjustable as well.
Thanks for that info. I want a vforce John tune. I didn’t know he’d reverse it back too. I may go with him.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for that info. I want a vforce John tune. I didn’t know he’d reverse it back too. I may go with him.
He will reverse it back for the cost of shipping. I have his tune for the past 500 miles. Only getting rid of it to get a Supercharger eventually. VFJ for me was best $250 upgrade period. Way better than weights in terms of total performance IMO.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went with pv3 and RCOR weights with a badass belt. Love my machine with these mods. Only went with PV3 because after reaching out to vforce John, I couldn’t handle giving my money to such an arrogant person. I’m sure he has good tunes, but he’s not getting my money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts