Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for thoughts and feedback on tire upgrades.
I really like the idea of upgrading the tires on the KRX due to the load rating (lbs) on the Maxis carnivores that come on it.

Thinking about the following tires for the upgrade: (32”x10x15)
Kanati Mongrels - 10 ply
System 3 - 8 ply
BFG’s km3 - 8 ply

4 - stock 0 mile maxxis carnivore will be for sale in AZ

·
Registered
167 Posts
I also shopping for an upgrade of tires.. the maxis skate around way to much for my liking.. I have seen good reviews and would consider the BFG's.. not too many reviews on the system 3,, defiantly a no for me on the Mongrels.. I have witnessed too many side wall blow outs on those tires for my liking.. whether a driver error or not..
I had a set of EFX's on my old rig and loved them.. great traction in just about everything and took a beating too...
they make the right size for this rig too...

1595794249792.png

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
220 Posts
Extremely impressed with the BFG KM3's so far. Tough, smooth riding, quiet tire with the BFG name reputation and tire building experience behind it. They are the biggest name in off-road tires and off-road racing tires. It appears they put the same effort into these UTV tires as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.... Got the Mongrels on.
I know most folks don’t care for these tires but based on there performance on my 2018 Teryx T4 and the riding we will do in the new KRX they deserve a FAIR shake IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The tire I am going to try next is STI Xcomp atr 32x10 15. I like the side wall protection as well as the tread. Anyone ever try them? Desert riding is all I do. I have tensor regulators on my RS1 they wear like steel have 5000 miles on them and still has 12/32 on them yet. The factory tires on the krx do not hold up well at all and are wearing fast.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
I’m not very impressed with my System3 RT 320’s yet.

They don’t seem to have the same traction as my previous Quadboss tires. I lowered air pressure from 10 to 9 to help traction. The also flat spot every time it’s parked for a length of time. I am enjoying the extra clearance from the bigger size. Not sure what I’ll go with next.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m not very impressed with my System3 RT 320’s yet.

View attachment 647

View attachment 648

They don’t seem to have the same traction as my previous Quadboss tires. I lowered air pressure from 10 to 9 to help traction. The also flat spot every time it’s parked for a length of time. I am enjoying the extra clearance from the bigger size. Not sure what I’ll go with next.
Okay maybe I'm not looking at them lol

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
65 Posts
That was just my experience. I’ll run them til they are half wore out or so and find something else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am switching to the 32 m1 evil. I have a lot of pavement and gravel where I ride. Have eaten my stockers almost by half, with 1300 on them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts