Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new KRX and live in San Diego. All of the local dealers want 2000 to 4000 in dealer prep and transport fees that I will not pay. Anyone know of a dealer in California, Nevada or Arizone that does not charge extra fees?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
I am looking to buy a new KRX and live in San Diego. All of the local dealers want 2000 to 4000 in dealer prep and transport fees that I will not pay. Anyone know of a dealer in California, Nevada or Arizone that does not charge extra fees?

Thanks,
Adam
Don’t buy in California. When I was shopping -and I quote the salesman he wanted to give me the “California love” by paying a ridiculous amount of taxes and prep. Buy in Texas, AZ or NM from personal experience. I’m sure there’s more states but these I can vouch for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Everyone seems to have doc and destination charges, when I was looking the best 'local' deal I got was from https://www.jetskiunlimited.com. If I recall it was like $22.5 but that was back in Jan of this year, I ended up going out of state to Illinois and got the unit for $17,600 plus $800 for shipping.

I would stay away from Ride Now they seem to be the most expensive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My local dealer Mikes Cycle in Placerville had one and i think they were asking $22k
FWIW: it was the all blue model. i didn't check to see specifics as it was parked out front and i wasn't shopping for another one.....yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ended up going out of state to Illinois and got the unit for $17,600
Recently sold another brand and was looking around at KRX retail pricing when this caught my eye. Heck of a deal, was it a dealer or private sale? If it was a dealer, would you care to share which one? I live in a neighboring state and bought my other brand in Illinois for a great price. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thanks,
Adam
Parker power sports in Parker, AZ is good, at least I had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Everyone seems to have doc and destination charges, when I was looking the best 'local' deal I got was from https://www.jetskiunlimited.com. If I recall it was like $22.5 but that was back in Jan of this year, I ended up going out of state to Illinois and got the unit for $17,600 plus $800 for shipping.

I would stay away from Ride Now they seem to be the most expensive.
Wow, I paid $21,639 for a blue 2021. OTD with tax, title, registration and whatever else in New Mexico. There are none around here at a lower price that I have found

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
Wow, I paid $21,639 for a blue 2021. OTD with tax, title, registration and whatever else in New Mexico. There are none around here at a lower price that I have found
Funny was that at R & S? About the only Kawasaki dealer. Last year we got two of them for 16,500 OTD.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don’t buy in California. When I was shopping -and I quote the salesman he wanted to give me the “California love” by paying a ridiculous amount of taxes and prep. Buy in Texas, AZ or NM from personal experience. I’m sure there’s more states but these I can vouch for.
If it is anything like motorcycles, do not buy a non California model and expect to title it in California!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not that it helps you...but a dealer in Arkansas is selling 2021's for $17,995 for the base model. She didn't have any in stock at the time...so I ended up with a gently used one. But she did say she'd honor that price. I believe she had the Trail Edition listed for $19,995. I think they all were about $2500 below MSRP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts