Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering has their been any talk about this baby on snow? I don't have any experience with aftermarket tracks. what are your thoughts. Marino

·
Registered
2020 krx1000
13 Posts
I had tracks on an Atv , ALMOST impossible to get stuck . Would go anywhere . Could not go too far as it consumed a lot of gas , take extra 5gal with you . Geared lower so only had 60% of top speed . They take up lots of space in off season Storage . Off trail riding in deep snow no problem. My Atv had a module to boost the power steering effort for tracks . Shop around as I got $800 off list price & they had to order them in for me .

·
Registered
166 Posts
when snowmobiling I have came upon a couple of stuck side by sides with tracks in the snow.. they are heavy and hard to get unstuck... I have been in spots on an Atv with aired down bighorns in heavy mountain snow drifts with doubts I would make it through but did.. so not to take away from tracks but depending on where you are.. how much time you spend in the snow and what the conditions are.. dry, wet, icy, hard pack, slushy, terrain change.. all plays a part. but one would think a track set up for a Polaris would bolt up and be worth a try..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too am wondering if the krx has the power to turn tracks. I had them on my x3 and they were a blast but if you get stuck it really sucks. The biggest thing with tracks is they robbed 50 percent of the power I’m sure in groomed trail riding they would be ok but in the deep powder or boondocking forget about it. If I was going to do it again I would definitely install the Alternator and even a separate battery for a rear winch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts