Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about how hard these engines rev and was wondering who has high mileage and what problems they have had.

Me: 2020 834 miles

·
Registered
2020 teryx krx
26 Posts
I was thinking about how hard these engines rev and was wondering who has high mileage and what problems they have had.

Me: 2020 834 miles
i have 5300 miles on mine, ive had the primary and secondary clutch issue's and also had the wet clutch replaced. i also had the right rear cv joint pop out and ruin the housing, all covered by Kawasaki's warranty, i still wont go back to my previous sxs's

·
Registered
131 Posts
l have 6000 miles on mine n love it!!! the only problem that l had or still have are the clutch weights wearing, l took my stock ones out at 2500 miles n they were so worn l couldnt believe it. since they were so worn u could feel the trans shifting like an automobile automatic trans. So l replaced the factory ones with aftermarket one from right coast off road clutch weights. l am now at 6000 miles n did a full service n also took the right coast clutch weights out to check all of them out, So l now have 3500 miles on these right coast weights l wanted to check them because my krx has been shifting again lately. l have alot of photos of what all the weights look like. Then only thing is l cannot put any photo's on the forum because my computer doesnt do photo's anymore. if someone wants to give me their number l would love to text send them the photo's so they can put all the photos on this forum. Again l love this KRX n for 6000 miles n all l had problems with were the clutch weights l can live with that. l just need to find a good strong tuff clutch weights. hopefully l will find them.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
l have 6000 miles on mine n love it!!! the only problem that l had or still have are the clutch weights wearing, l took my stock ones out at 2500 miles n they were so worn l couldnt believe it. since they were so worn u could feel the trans shifting like an automobile automatic trans. So l replaced the factory ones with aftermarket one from right coast off road clutch weights. l am now at 6000 miles n did a full service n also took the right coast clutch weights out to check all of them out, So l now have 3500 miles on these right coast weights l wanted to check them because my krx has been shifting again lately. l have alot of photos of what all the weights look like. Then only thing is l cannot put any photo's on the forum because my computer doesnt do photo's anymore. if someone wants to give me their number l would love to text send them the photo's so they can put all the photos on this forum. Again l love this KRX n for 6000 miles n all l had problems with were the clutch weights l can live with that. l just need to find a good strong tuff clutch weights. hopefully l will find them.

Thanks Steve
Pm sent Steve

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,550 Posts

Thanks Steve
you have to see for yourself to decide. l hope someone can upload these photo's for me. Customers should know what they are paying for.
what keeps you from posting them here?

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
He’s said previously he has trouble with his computer.

(I do everything from my iPhone.)

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
He is going to text them to me and I will post them up here

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
233 Posts
@hulk clutch weights

• Wow
Reactions: johnpr and Paul65

·
Registered
131 Posts
yes they are l was pretty surprise how worn they were, And yes its back to shifting like an automobile again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just FYI the clutch weights are a wear item Just like the belt it needs to be maintained blow out the dust and dirt every couple hundred miles or so and you also might want to check your rollers as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
RCOR doesn't put a coating on there weights any more. Which is what is on your old weights. They found out that that was taking the hardness out of the steel weights. I think they only lightly oil them now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts