Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I thought I have read somewhere once you hook a power commander up to it the ECU becomes unreadable to Kawi dealers. Is that true? Could you have your ecu sent away and have it tuned? Just wandering as far as like warranty although I’m sure once you put a supercharger on your warranty is void.
I have not heard of that at all. the PC5 is a piggyback system so it does not write anything directly to the ECU. As far as warranty goes they would have to prove whatever you added was directly related to whatever was damaged. Either way warranty is a pain through any manufacture. And unless someone else comes out with a tune for our supercharger there is no reason to have it sent out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
are you doing anything with the GSR Racing clutches? Will the clutch kits they have now work in the new oe clutch and your 2 clutches? I’m thinking about buying rcor clutch kit cuz they have really good 0 to 60 times but don’t want to buy it if it’s not going to work in the higher hp stuff
Don't have anything from GSR at this time. RCOR we have to do some testing. From what I am seeing right now most of them will work well. Just trying to find the best all around setup to start pushing customers towards. As long as the kit has adjustable weighted arms you should be able to get it going in the right direction.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have not heard of that at all. the PC5 is a piggyback system so it does not write anything directly to the ECU. As far as warranty goes they would have to prove whatever you added was directly related to whatever was damaged. Either way warranty is a pain through any manufacture. And unless someone else comes out with a tune for our supercharger there is no reason to have it sent out.
Does the pc5 come with your kits? Will there still be a low power and full power mode and if so what will the low power mode look like? how close are we to release?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't have anything from GSR at this time. RCOR we have to do some testing. From what I am seeing right now most of them will work well. Just trying to find the best all around setup to start pushing customers towards. As long as the kit has adjustable weighted arms you should be able to get it going in the right direction.
Oh I’m not sure that’s there name for sure I know his name on here is GSR Racing and he or his company build a few different stage clutches one will do 83+ mph on a fairly stock maybe a tuned krx. McGrath runs His clutches I believe so it’d be a good matchup your superchargers and his clutches. I don’t know if you can tag people in here or how to if you can. But you guys should definitely team up

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Does the pc5 come with your kits? Will there still be a low power and full power mode and if so what will the low power mode look like? how close are we to release?
It is sold separately just like we do with all of our kits since a lot of customers may have already had a tuning solution that might work with our kit. As for low power mode that is a good questions. i have never even flipped that switch. I'll have to look into it on our next testing session. And as with everything right now it is taking longer then expected. We just got parts in last week that we have had on order since November so I am working on getting everything scheduled so we can get back to testing. Still going to be a few months out on this kit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Oh I’m not sure that’s there name for sure I know his name on here is GSR Racing and he or his company build a few different stage clutches one will do 83+ mph on a fairly stock maybe a tuned krx. McGrath runs His clutches I believe so it’d be a good matchup your superchargers and his clutches. I don’t know if you can tag people in here or how to if you can. But you guys should definitely team up
Oh yeah I do have one of their clutches for testing. I know them by a different name. So yes we will be testing GSR as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is sold separately just like we do with all of our kits since a lot of customers may have already had a tuning solution that might work with our kit. As for low power mode that is a good questions. i have never even flipped that switch. I'll have to look into it on our next testing session. And as with everything right now it is taking longer then expected. We just got parts in last week that we have had on order since November so I am working on getting everything scheduled so we can get back to testing. Still going to be a few months out on this kit.
On a stick KRX it drops power down to like 57% I believe it’s suppose to help on the trails when it’s rough the throttle isn’t so touchy. I don’t ya it a lot but it’s nice for like a river crossing I have down the road from my house. I know you posted a video a couple times but both those links wouldn’t work for me. Is there anywhere like YouTube I could at least hear it running and maybe a start up? I’m kind of up in the air on getting a supercharger since I paid a pretty penny for extended warranty hate to just throw that money out the window cuz you know if I have any issue what so ever they will blame it on the supercharger (even if it has nothing to do with the supercharger) and void the warranty. But maybe hearing it growl might swing me in that direction lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
On a stick KRX it drops power down to like 57% I believe it’s suppose to help on the trails when it’s rough the throttle isn’t so touchy. I don’t ya it a lot but it’s nice for like a river crossing I have down the road from my house. I know you posted a video a couple times but both those links wouldn’t work for me. Is there anywhere like YouTube I could at least hear it running and maybe a start up? I’m kind of up in the air on getting a supercharger since I paid a pretty penny for extended warranty hate to just throw that money out the window cuz you know if I have any issue what so ever they will blame it on the supercharger (even if it has nothing to do with the supercharger) and void the warranty. But maybe hearing it growl might swing me in that direction lol
Here's a video I just load of start up and a walk around.

And here's another with all of our test vehicles we had at Trail Hero last year. Did a bunch of testing and giving customers test rides in all of our units for a full week in Utah.

·
Registered
12 Posts
KraftWerksJason what are we looking at for internal engine mods. Are we going to need rods or lower compression pistons to run your guys’ supercharger kit reliably. I’m really on the fence about picking up a krx pretty much the details on your kit as far as what the engine is going to need internally and release date is going to be what Im basing my decision between the krx and a rzr turbo s upon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
KraftWerksJason what are we looking at for internal engine mods. Are we going to need rods or lower compression pistons to run your guys’ supercharger kit reliably. I’m really on the fence about picking up a krx pretty much the details on your kit as far as what the engine is going to need internally and release date is going to be what Im basing my decision between the krx and a rzr turbo s upon.
Our kit will need no engine internal upgrades. Tuning and clutching will be the only other items you should need beside our supercharger kit. We are hoping to be able to get back to testing in the next couple weeks so we can finalize the tune and clutch setup that will work best for you guys. Parts are already in production, but will still be a few months out. Once I get a set date I will be updating everyone on here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our kit will need no engine internal upgrades. Tuning and clutching will be the only other items you should need beside our supercharger kit. We are hoping to be able to get back to testing in the next couple weeks so we can finalize the tune and clutch setup that will work best for you guys. Parts are already in production, but will still be a few months out. Once I get a set date I will be updating everyone on here.
Awesome thank you for the info I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on a krx then, and be one of the many waiting to be first in line to purchase the kit. I know you probably don’t want to give away numbers but what are you hp numbers are you shooting for? Id guess around 150-170? Am I going to be able to keep up with my buddy’s x3’s

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Awesome thank you for the info I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on a krx then, and be one of the many waiting to be first in line to purchase the kit. I know you probably don’t want to give away numbers but what are you hp numbers are you shooting for? Id guess around 150-170? Am I going to be able to keep up with my buddy’s x3’s
Sounds good! Yes there are many waiting. That's the exact reason why we are taking our time on this to make sure we do not disappoint and have enough inventory to fulfill for the demand. We should be seeing around a 60% increase overall. still waiting on final numbers after more testing with the clutch and tune. In a drag race against a X3 it is going to be tough. The KRX was just not built for that. Keeping up in all other aspects will not be an issue. It is an extremely fun machine with the extra power.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you say clutching
When you say clutching do you mean all new upgraded clutch or a clutch kit that has adjustable weights?

161 - 180 of 220 Posts