Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1321 - 1339 of 1375 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Good to know. I'll double check everything. The big girl has some pep in her step now. Friend with a General 4 can confirm on multiple runs. :D
That muffler is definitely obnoxiously loud. May eventually switch it out if I can find one I like. I like the sound of my buddies Evo on his general. They have one for the KRX. Has anyone tried it?

Yes, I have one on mine. It’s great and not too loud and has a good tone to it.

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
623 Posts
I have been doing my own torture testing with my car just by driving hard and long in my location in the hot as sh!t desert with no problems.
Had to install one of my Camelback Hydration Reservoirs behind my seat just so I don't dry up.

· Registered
53 Posts
For anyone trying to build stronger engine I DO NOT recommend using Vertex Pistons. I tried building an engine for more boost "10psi" in the future and with the lack of options for stock compression I decide to try vertex. Used BC rods ARP head studs also. First build burned oil right off the bat, a quart every 20 Miles. Compression was good and after tearing it back down the compression and control rings looked okay but something clearly wasn't right. Caulked it up to a fluke. Bought a brand new cylinder and 2 more brand new pistons. I gave it a few heat cycles and easy test rides. After that about 10 miles in I lost compression and had crazy blow by. After tearing it down again I see both pistons failed on the intake side. I monitor my temps and Each cylinders AFR pretty closely and nothing was abnormal.

Attachments

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
623 Posts
For anyone trying to build stronger engine I DO NOT recommend using Vertex Pistons. I tried building an engine for more boost "10psi" in the future and with the lack of options for stock compression I decide to try vertex. Used BC rods ARP head studs also. First build burned oil right off the bat, a quart every 20 Miles. Compression was good and after tearing it back down the compression and control rings looked okay but something clearly wasn't right. Caulked it up to a fluke. Bought a brand new cylinder and 2 more brand new pistons. I gave it a few heat cycles and easy test rides. After that about 10 miles in I lost compression and had crazy blow by. After tearing it down again I see both pistons failed on the intake side. I monitor my temps and Each cylinders AFR pretty closely and nothing was abnormal.
Wow, that sucks. I used Vertex pistons in my race bikes and had great results. Looks to me that where the top ring land tapers down at the valve reliefs and ends at the base of the dome is a weak stressed area under boost conditions.

· Registered
502 Posts
Those pistons cast? instead of forged

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
623 Posts
Those pistons cast? instead of forged
I was going to ask the same question but after looking at the Vertex website I saw that the pistons that they offer for the KRX are forged.

Reactions: Kurt Go BAANNGG

· Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
623 Posts
Keep us posted Kurt if you would please.

Reactions: Kurt Go BAANNGG
1321 - 1339 of 1375 Posts