Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
781 - 795 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #781 ·
That's what I like to hear. Do your guys' header pipes have 2 bungs so you can read afr on both cylinders? If I buy a dual channel wideband kit.
I know our test heard did. I have to confirm on the final production. The big thing is making sure they are far enough back because it if they too close to the exhaust manifold you will kill wideband sensors left and right.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know our test heard did. I have to confirm on the final production. The big thing is making sure they are far enough back because it if they too close to the exhaust manifold you will kill wideband sensors left and right.
If they don't happen to have 2 bungs is there another way to accurately check or adjust AFR on both cylinders? If you want to get more out of the supercharger and motor, it's pretty much a must have to be able to check both head pipes right?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
If they don't happen to have 2 bungs is there another way to accurately check or adjust AFR on both cylinders? If you want to get more out of the supercharger and motor, it's pretty much a must have to be able to check both head pipes right?
The wideband sensors come with bungs you can weld on wherever you would like. As long as you are starting off with a good base tune AFR in both cylinders to should be about the same. Just have to make sure any adjustments made are in the same increments to both. There are plenty of UTV's that just read AFR at a collector getting an average instead of one on each cylinder. The biggest thing is starting off with a good base as I said.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The wideband sensors come with bungs you can weld on wherever you would like. As long as you are starting off with a good base tune AFR in both cylinders to should be about the same. Just have to make sure any adjustments made are in the same increments to both. There are plenty of UTV's that just read AFR at a collector getting an average instead of one on each cylinder. The biggest thing is starting off with a good base as I said.
Which I would be just sticking with you guys' tune so sounds like I should have nothing to worry about just running 1 sensor

781 - 795 of 795 Posts