Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
741 - 760 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Super charger or turbo thats the question which is best im leaning towards charger does any one know benefits of one over the other

·
Registered
40 Posts
This unit is never going to out run the x3 or the rzr in a drag race, but it will out last them in a pro longed desert race! The current clutching is an issue that has to be addressed to get more speed. I tried going to 35' to get more speed, not good for cornering! More instant power would work best in my opinion for rock crawling, and coming out of the corners! So supercharger is my vote!

·
Registered
40 Posts
About ready to trade in my KRX for a Canam X3 if this doesnt release soon...
With all do respect, like I said this machine will not beat a canned ham in a drag race! But you will pass them when they are on the end of a rope with a quarter of the car sitting on the passenger seat! If you want the power now go with the turbo, add an intercooler and turn It up! (Sorry Jason).
I had a supercharger on my yxz, from another manufacturer, needless to say it was not truly ready for the market. I had to modify the heck out it! In the end it was fast! And w ou rth the trouble!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought the KRX for the robustness, suspension and cab comfort as well as storage. Meets all of those requirements and then some.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
With all do respect, like I said this machine will not beat a canned ham in a drag race! But you will pass them when they are on the end of a rope with a quarter of the car sitting on the passenger seat! If you want the power now go with the turbo, add an intercooler and turn It up! (Sorry Jason).
I had a supercharger on my yxz, from another manufacturer, needless to say it was not truly ready for the market. I had to modify the heck out it! In the end it was fast! And w ou rth the trouble!
Haha it's all good. I am guessing you ran the old Packard China roots style blower. Those were horrible. This centrifugal style is much more like a "turbo", but way more efficient and creates less heat than both the roots supercharger and a turbo. Less heat equals more power and better reliability. That Packard kit has left a bad taste in the YXZ communities mouth and has always been an uphill battle with them, but everyone that has ran our kit has never been disappointed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wished you guys would have come up with a bracket that would allow mounting of an alternator, looks like there would be room

741 - 760 of 795 Posts