Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a release date or pre order for this yet? I bought a krx yesterday over a rzr turbo in anticipation of something like this to bring it up to speed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
ok maybe I am the stupid one but red starts off more powerful then after market?
It's because we have a different gear ratio with this new clutch. The stock clutch runs very high in the RPM range and as you can see the power falls off very quickly. The supercharged runs (BLUE) you can see the power never falls off and just keeps pulling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Is there a release date or pre order for this yet? I bought a krx yesterday over a rzr turbo in anticipation of something like this to bring it up to speed.
We are getting very close. Almost done with our final testing and parts are already in productions. So after production parts are finished and install instructions are done it should be good to go. If all goes to plan hopefully 2 months.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Who are you leaning towards on Adjustable clutching
From what we have seen most will yield you about the same results. So what ever company you like should be fine. You will just have to adjust the weights for the extra power once that time comes. We are focusing on our own setup currently, but that will be for customer that want 80mph+ out of their machines.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Either or. Depends on what you want out of it. Stock clutch with someone's clutch kit will obviously be the cost effective option.
Are you guys running a different clutch or just clutch kits? Could you tell us what clutch setup your using to get the 6.26 0 to 60 time? Is that with an upgraded clutch and clutch kit or just an upgraded clutch? just trying to figure out what it's going to cost to get clutching at peak performance

·
Registered
2000 white KRX
460 Posts
Are you guys running a different clutch or just clutch kits? Could you tell us what clutch setup your using to get the 6.26 0 to 60 time? Is that with an upgraded clutch and clutch kit or just an upgraded clutch? just trying to figure out what it's going to cost to get clutching at peak performance
With Craig, need an insight so can start figuring my $$

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
That time was on our clutch since that is what we are spending a lot of time on to make sure it is bullet proof. The stock clutch should get you right around the same 0-60, but you will be running out of MPH right after that. Our clutch will just keep pulling. If you aren't worried about doing 70+ our clutch probably won't be something you will want unless you have to purchase a new clutch either way since the stock clutches seem to wear pretty quickly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That time was on our clutch since that is what we are spending a lot of time on to make sure it is bullet proof. The stock clutch should get you right around the same 0-60, but you will be running out of MPH right after that. Our clutch will just keep pulling. If you aren't worried about doing 70+ our clutch probably won't be something you will want unless you have to purchase a new clutch either way since the stock clutches seem to wear pretty quickly.
so with stock clutch you will be stuck around that 68 mph top speed still i'm assuming? How much will your clutch be? it's a complete clutch and not a clutch kit correct? and you said and of the adjustable clutch kits will work in your clutch right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
so with stock clutch you will be stuck around that 68 mph top speed still i'm assuming? How much will your clutch be? it's a complete clutch and not a clutch kit correct? and you said and of the adjustable clutch kits will work in your clutch right?
Correct. To get more MPH you have change your gearing. We have not came out with a price as of yet since it is still in the design phase. Yes it should end up being a complete clutch. And can not comment on if others clutch kits will work on our clutch since we have not tested that since we are focusing on making it right out of the box.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Correct. To get more MPH you have change your gearing. We have not came out with a price as of yet since it is still in the design phase. Yes it should end up being a complete clutch. And can not comment on if others clutch kits will work on our clutch since we have not tested that since we are focusing on making it right out of the box.
This is what I'm holding out for. Are you still planning on using the wet clutch or a delete kit?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
This is what I'm holding out for. Are you still planning on using the wet clutch or a delete kit?
We are still using the wet clutch. We have not seen any issues with still running it. Once you get into the 200+ range you might run into issues, but there will be plenty of other thing that will break at the HP to worry about besides the wet clutch.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts