Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the snow flies, does your KRX hibernate? Does it get out and play? Does it plow? Does it move south so it just doesn't have to deal? Does it do a little of everything? Or are you lucky enough to live where it's not an issue? Is there anything unique about the KRX operation or storage as it relates to snow and cold? Anything you learned last winter that you'd care to share?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
Sled helmet with heated visor, heated gloves, Cintas work jacket with a waterproof wind breaker over that and we rode comfortably at -4 last winter with a half windshield. Like Remote 8 said it's fun until it isn't.

I might give snow riding a whirl. Full glass and cab kit should be good

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
209 Posts
Snow, what snow! Oh, that's right, we did get 4inches and a low temp of zero last year a week after it hit 80 degrees.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Snow, what snow! Oh, that's right, we did get 4inches and a low temp of zero last year a week after it hit 80 degrees.
Yeah, we were at high 80’s about a week and a half ago and last Tuesday we had a good 5+ inches. All melted except in the mountains all around us so will be time to head up to some of the snowy trails by next weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Full face helmet, good sled or ice fishing outfit and ur GTG. A lot of fun until you get stuck.
Brrr 🥶. The full windshield was must on purchase for us in Mt. and cannot wait for soft rear window to show after just yesterday at a snails pace breaking it in, not a fan of freezing my face off, grew up in Michigan and remeber some winters of below -50 with wind chill. Then been in Cali for 37 years and now country of Mt.

·
Registered
829 Posts
When it's get $hit done time we use a different rig with wipers, cab, heat (Honda sucky heat at that), and tracks. KRX may someday get tracks if Camso ever gets around to making a kit, but it's a just for fun car. We got 2-3 and 10f Thursday nite along with a bunch of wind.....it's that time.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
Just put on the proper gear and ride! I still wear the same gear whether on ATV or SxS. For some reason I don't seem to have any KRX snow pictures. huh!
These are made to ride year round. I do recommend a winch... ATV's are much easier to get "unstuck"!

·
Registered
44 Posts
When the snow flies, does your KRX hibernate? Does it get out and play? Does it plow? Does it move south so it just doesn't have to deal? Does it do a little of everything? Or are you lucky enough to live where it's not an issue? Is there anything unique about the KRX operation or storage as it relates to snow and cold? Anything you learned last winter that you'd care to share?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.