Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installing the factory accessories themselves? Easy as pie or having a few problems? I haven't purchased many of them and probably will use after market for anything else. Full glass windshield was easy peasy but the wiper and washer not so much. The cab seal kit was just so so. The bottom of the passenger door seal won't stay on, not enough clearance. I'm kinda worried about how long some of the other pieces will last or stay on. I bought the cheap(??) tailgate and only one of the threaded rods will screw into the factory reciever! I haven't figured this out yet because the reciever screws into the place where the rear tie downs bolt in. These hold the gate in. I'm really pretty disappointed in Kawasaki!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
The guys at Big Pine Powersports drilled holes and used push pin to hold the door seals in place.

Reactions: TripleB and Ron E

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
Anyone installing the factory accessories themselves? Easy as pie or having a few problems? I haven't purchased many of them and probably will use after market for anything else. Full glass windshield was easy peasy but the wiper and washer not so much. The cab seal kit was just so so. The bottom of the passenger door seal won't stay on, not enough clearance. I'm kinda worried about how long some of the other pieces will last or stay on. I bought the cheap(??) tailgate and only one of the threaded rods will screw into the factory reciever! I haven't figured this out yet because the reciever screws into the place where the rear tie downs bolt in. These hold the gate in. I'm really pretty disappointed in Kawasaki!
I had problems with the “adaptor bolts” from what I’ve seen the new ones are redesigned. I was able to get new bolts under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Blue
140 Posts
I haven't purchased many of them and probably will use after market for anything else.
I started researching and building my list while I was looking for a machine. Though I'm just getting started, factory items will be limited to the blue premium top (install was easy), the two piece front guard (on it's way) and a few oil change kits. Still on the fence about the harness kit and the soft rear panel. Pretty much everything else will be aftermarket. Some things I will fab myself, some things I will re-purpose.
I don't put much faith in website product reviews and would rather hear from people with hands on experience. Postings here will help other owners decide what to do or what to buy.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
I started researching and building my list while I was looking for a machine. Though I'm just getting started, factory items will be limited to the blue premium top, the two piece front guard and a few oil change kits. Still on the fence about the harness kit and the soft rear panel. Fender flares, lights/brackets/wiring, clutch weights, extra drive belt, cargo box/retainer, front and rear glass windshields, poly half windshield, wheelwell liners, mirrors, receiver hitch, etc. all aftermarket. Some things I will fab myself, some things I will re-purpose.
I would rather read other forum member's experiences with KRX products instead of reviews on web sites. I've added a few of my own and will continue to as I pimp my ride. Points and counterpoints about factory and aftermarket accessories will help other owners decide what to do or what to buy. It is an exchange of information.....
Plenty of Info on here, I have a few factory accessories, most of them fit pretty good. You’ll question why they used Allen wrench hardware Instead of standard bolts. And some stuff does require some muscle to get it to fit. I have front bumper, headlight guards, rear bumper, rear tail light guard, sport roof and nerf bars. Sport roof was by far the easiest to install.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had an issue install the tailgate box. One of nuts you Install that has the threaded insert for the knobs would not thread in due to the threads not being cut correctly Ended up buying two metric bolts and using that instead.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,560 Posts
I had an issue install the tailgate box. One of nuts you Install that has the threaded insert for the knobs would not thread in due to the threads not being cut correctly Ended up buying two metric bolts and using that instead.
I had a similar issue, mine wouldn’t thread and one actually completely snapped off. Apparently theres an updated version these bolts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neither of the rods would thread into the nut for me. I had to run a thread tap into each of them. It was either paint or powder coat. I guess I'll give them a call

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts