Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2021 KRX trail edition.
Coming from a Brute Force 650i. The machine is an engineering marvel for sure.
Put a Kawasaki front windshield on for wintertime and I have never eaten so much dust in my life!
This thing sucks dust in like a hoover.

I see there are extended fender flairs but they state they do NOT fit the trail edition? Anybody know of fender flairs that fit the TE?
I'm thinking if I can extend the dust from the tires out past the door cracks it might cut dust down?
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
New 2021 KRX trail edition.
Coming from a Brute Force 650i. The machine is an engineering marvel for sure.
Put a Kawasaki front windshield on for wintertime and I have never eaten so much dust in my life!
This thing sucks dust in like a hoover.

I see there are extended fender flairs but they state they do NOT fit the trail edition? Anybody know of fender flairs that fit the TE?
I'm thinking if I can extend the dust from the tires out past the door cracks it might cut dust down?
Thanks
Get the Cab Seal Kit from Kawasaki, it helps a lot with the dust. It's easy to install and pretty cheap. It's worth it for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I ride in SW Idaho desert and the "talcum powder" dust here is unreal.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
239 Posts
Fender flairs won’t do anything for dust. Check your intake on the clean side of the air filter for dust getting past the filter. I’ve had it get by mine twice now with stock filter and R2C filter. Use a flashlight in the piping.

Reactions: BobX2 and Gibbster

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks
I ride in SW Idaho desert and the "talcum powder" dust here is unreal.
Yes it is! You may also want to look at Venting your windshield. I ride the Owyhees quite a bit and it gets bad, or even a ride to Atlanta in the summer can be unbearable at times. The dust kit helps, but I might also add an air pumper during the summer. The people I ride with that have them, love them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Windshield is solid Kawsaki full
"Air pumper" ???

·
Registered
110 Posts
I installed front windshield and rear soft window creating a complete dust bowl. I then installed cab seal kit and sealed large holes like wire harness behind drivers seat which cut dust down to barely anything. And i just installed wide kawi fender flares on our trail edition which cut down debris from front wheel in cab. Riding in south central Mt.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fender flairs won’t do anything for dust. Check your intake on the clean side of the air filter for dust getting past the filter. I’ve had it get by mine twice now with stock filter and R2C filter. Use a flashlight in the piping.
And i bought the all balls air filter, it seems to be tighter fit on intake tube when i compared to orginal stock filter? For less than half the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So your saying with front and rear windshields it didn't help at all? I thought maybe by adding rear shield it would help eliminate low pressure suck from having front shield only?

·
Registered
110 Posts
So your saying with front and rear windshields it didn't help at all? I thought maybe by adding rear shield it would help eliminate low pressure suck from having front shield only?
Nope not at all, the cab seal kit was the real ticket.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Liking the winter frozen roads but it gets freakin cold so now maybe extra heat but i am not a big fan of pastic windows that seem to be problematic after first season of use.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope not at all, the cab seal kit was the real ticket.
Well, sounds like that's the ticket then. I hear using plastic rivets to help hold the 3M adhesive on the back of seals really makes a difference. This will be my next mod. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
391 Posts
Well, sounds like that's the ticket then. I hear using plastic rivets to help hold the 3M adhesive on the back of seals really makes a difference. This will be my next mod. Thanks for info.
I installed the cab seal kit the first time with just the 3M adhesive. It didn't stick for very long, it kept peeling away, so I done those plastic push pins an that solved that issue.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
391 Posts
Just be careful when drilling through the rubber seal, it tends to wanna twist up with the drill bit. Drilling at really slow speed is better I learned. Side note, The push pins can be a real pita to get through the seal

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just be careful when drilling through the rubber seal, it tends to wanna twist up with the drill bit. Drilling at really slow speed is better I learned. Side note, The push pins can be a real pita to get through the seal
Put some lube on the push pins and i also left the bottom door seals off and put some thick flat foam seal on the bottom door sill to seal up that space as the bottom door seal wants to make the bottom of the door bow out and hard to close.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Ron,
How thick of foam did you use on the bottom ?
Did it stay stuck?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts