Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My KRX started making a clunking noise just recently. I have eight hours on the machine and it started doing it above 24 mph. It does it throughout any speed over 24 mph. I can rock the machine back-and-forth and you hear a loud Clunking sound behind the secondary clutch in the motor itself has anyone had this issue or knows what it is this happened yesterday which was a Saturday and no kawi places are open on Sunday or Mondays here in Florida. I hate waiting I’d like to find out what my issue is right away and if I should not drive it thank you for any help

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is this the same problem SpeedyG has?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure but dropped it off at dealer yesterday and they said not normal. Now wait and see.
Well sorry for the delay but the noise I heard is normal. After several weeks of waiting for the dealer to diagnose the issue, they never “looked” at it. But they drove it in and out of the shop every day. That’s all they had to do to “look” at at. Well I took matters into my own hands after waiting and waiting for the service manager to call me back. I went to the dealership went straight to the GM and told him my issue of waiting for three weeks to get a diagnosis on a problem I had with my brand new KRX. We walked to a brand new KRX and it made the same exact sound as my KRX. So in a matter of minutes the GM and myself figured it was normal. But my battery was dead because they started it and shut it off within minutes twice a day for two weeks. The battery could not be charged enough to store a charge. So I made them give me a new battery. I waited two weeks for a 5min look. Service managers should have some knowledge of the product that is sold in their store.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
600 Posts
Well sorry for the delay but the noise I heard is normal. After several weeks of waiting for the dealer to diagnose the issue, they never “looked” at it. But they drove it in and out of the shop every day. That’s all they had to do to “look” at at. Well I took matters into my own hands after waiting and waiting for the service manager to call me back. I went to the dealership went straight to the GM and told him my issue of waiting for three weeks to get a diagnosis on a problem I had with my brand new KRX. We walked to a brand new KRX and it made the same exact sound as my KRX. So in a matter of minutes the GM and myself figured it was normal. But my battery was dead because they started it and shut it off within minutes twice a day for two weeks. The battery could not be charged enough to store a charge. So I made them give me a new battery. I waited two weeks for a 5min look. Service managers should have some knowledge of the product that is sold in their store.
Spark plugs might be in your near future as well if they started it an shut it off that many times an didn't let it get to operating temp...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.