Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the vforce tune and empire dual exaust. It backfires sometimes like when im going down a hill and the engine revs up from the braking. Any ideas why this happens and does it hurt anything. Thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
stage II jforce tune, no cat here; I get the infrequent pop off the exhaust, but my exhaust tip runs a bit rich with blackness. buddy with a krx shows no sooting on exhaust tip...............I'm hap[y all around.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
267 Posts
Stage II here and I'm only about 5-7 miles into the learning phase. No issue as of yet. Love this tune so far. With the new 35's is feels as good or slightly better than is was stock with the 31's. Throttle response is much better!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just part of it.. are you running premium fuel? The sound is just unburnt fuel reaching ignition temp in the exhaust. That’s why you notice it more on a slow downs and descents. Not a big deal if it’s just the occasional pop. FYI.. part of the cats function is to burn those gases before they can collect and ignite. Hence why when you run a pipe or gut the cat you’ll occasionally smell a faint fuel smell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just part of it.. are you running premium fuel? The sound is just unburnt fuel reaching ignition temp in the exhaust. That’s why you notice it more on a slow downs and descents. Not a big deal if it’s just the occasional pop. FYI.. part of the cats function is to burn those gases before they can collect and ignite. Hence why when you run a pipe or gut the cat you’ll occasionally smell a faint fuel smell.
Yes I’m running 93 non ethanol fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long have you had the machine? Mine start acting like it was running rich too. Turns out the dealership had fouled the plugs form moving it from the back to the front and not getting up to operating temp. Changed them out and all is good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How long have you had the machine? Mine start acting like it was running rich too. Turns out the dealership had fouled the plugs form moving it from the back to the front and not getting up to operating temp. Changed them out and all is good
Ok appreciate that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts