Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a previous can am maverick owner and moved over to the Kawasaki for reliability and ease of maintenance. Currently I plan on adding harnesses, front and rear windshields and a winch along with rear storage. I will detail my journey and builds through this thread. Please feel free to follow and comment.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,352 Posts
I am a previous can am maverick owner and moved over to the Kawasaki for reliability and ease of maintenance. Currently I plan on adding harnesses, front and rear windshields and a winch along with rear storage. I will detail my journey and builds through this thread. Please feel free to follow and comment.

View attachment 3958
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Deal

I got the new machine from Freedom Powersports in Farmers Branch, TX. In the current market I paid MSRP and about $1800 for freight and setup. I realize this is highway robbery but you know supply and demand. I did purchase the 3 yr warranty for another $1200, they were asking $1900. Not a very good deal there either but I’m glad to have the coverage. They were professional and courteous. I had planned on trading in my maverick but I lost the title this week which was uber frustrating. They were offering IMO a decent deal for my old rig and I suppose I will either keep it on ATV trader a little longer or take it back there for cash. Thankfully they did not ask me to take a cheesy picture next to it.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First Ride

Things I liked
Smooth acceleration, plush ride. Like the doors and sport roof. TFT display is bright in daylight.

Things I did not like
Not as much punch as my turbo can am which was expected. Don't like navigating the touch screen. Got cow s**t on my new ride.

It was not as peppy as my can am. Somewhat disappointing, but I know it has 20 less HP and about 500 more pounds. Was not really able to accentuate its strengths in our pasture. No rock climbing or very uneven ground. May do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found my title!! For the record it is a clean title. Clean in the sense that it was apparently in my cargo shorts pocket and got washed and ruined. Will be going to the DMV for a new one soon. That really burns my biscuits.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Day 2 thoughts

Still not as peppy as my turbo off the line, but it has good mid speed punch, better than I expected. Also after messing with those navigation buttons for the TFT screen, it was not as bad as yesterday either. And have I mentioned the ride? Like butter, should climb like a champ.

OK here are some thoughts on current accessories:

Will be getting a tusk harness bar and dragonfire 2" harnesses with auto style buckle, pretty set on that combo, but always happy to discuss.

SuperATV 4500 winch and mounting plate, but maybe not right away. Heading to Colorado (alpine loop) in about 3 weeks and do not expect to need a winch. Not doing poughkeepsie or any of the uber technical climbing.

I have been going back and forth on what windshield to get. I think I am set on glass. The Kawi glass looks sharp and has the best glass without reducing field of vision. However it does not have a vent and I ride in TX and would like to get some breeze from time to time. The EMP, Tusk and deranged offroad offerings all have vents and a way to either fold or get air, but all have some limited lower field of view. Any thoughts on any of these windshields would be appreciated.

For the rear windshield I will likely go with SuperATV polycarbonate, though I have considered a mesh screen to keep dirt out and flow going. I have not found one yet though so any heads up there would be helpful.

Finally I think I am going with the Tesseract rear storage box made by our buddies over in Russia. I have contacted them and am awaiting on a reply... will let you know.

Will also probably pop some rugged radios in as well, but probably not for this coming trip.

Let me know what you think about my accessories list!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please keep us updated. The eS is on my very short list. We will be at Lake City the week after your in the area. I'm really interested in your thoughts after riding in this area as this is what we ride in most of the time.
Thanks, Dwight.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please keep us updated. The eS is on my very short list. We will be at Lake City the week after your in the area. I'm really interested in your thoughts after riding in this area as this is what we ride in most of the time.
Thanks, Dwight.
Lake City is our destination as well. Keep an eye on local OHV regulations. Silverton is in the midst of passing some OHV road restrictions, not sure if/when they will be in effect. also my in-laws are up in arms about some of the city to city hand gun policies. May not affect you, does not affect me, but it affects them, and something fierce if my mother in law is any indication.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Lake City is our destination as well. Keep an eye on local OHV regulations. Silverton is in the midst of passing some OHV road restrictions, not sure if/when they will be in effect. also my in-laws are up in arms about some of the city to city hand gun policies. May not affect you, does not affect me, but it affects them, and something fierce if my mother in law is any indication.
Silverton should be GTG this summer per this from the Maverick board. Current as of 6-8-21. Following as we want to do this trip if we get a spare day.

NOTIFICATION & CLARIFICATION ON OHV REFRENDUM PETITION
Citizens of the Town of Silverton,
On June 8, 2021, a Referendum for Ordinance 2021-05, prohibiting OHV’s in Silverton starting on June 20, 2021, was found sufficient by the Town of Silverton Clerk. This finding was within the thirty days of final publication of the ordinance and included the requisite five percent of registered electors of the municipality registered on the date of final publication. The Ordinance banning OHV’s in the Town of Silverton shall not take effect unless a majority of the registered electors voting on the measure at the election vote in favor of the measure.
OHV’s WILL BE ALLOWED IN SILVERTON THIS SUMMER ON THE OHV ROUTE UNDER THE REGULATIONS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT, UNLESS THERE IS A SUCCESFULL PROTEST TO THE REFERENDUM PETITION. IF THERE IS NO SUCCESSFUL PROTEST, THE VOTE TO CONSIDER PROBHIBITING OHV’s WILL BE HELD BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 21st and DECEMBER 17th, 2021, DEPENDENT ON THE TOWN BOARD DETERMINATION DURING THE CONSIDERATION PERIOD
OHV REFERENDUM ON ORDINANCE BANNING OHV’S IN SILVERTON
(Dates are adjusted for statutory calendar requirements and subject to change depending on protest, final sufficiency determination and Town Board actions)
Referendum on OHV 1-Ordinance 2021-05
Initial Referendum Filing - Monday, June 7, 2021
Protest Period Deadline (40 days) - Monday, July 19, 2021
Final Determination of Sufficiency - Tuesday, July 20, 2021
(Unless Protest is filed and is successful or delays sufficiency determination)
Period for Reconsideration by Town Board of Ordinance - Promptly
If Board does not Re-Affirm Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Original Petition -
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - Thursday, October 14, 2021
If Board Affirms Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Referendum Petition - September 18, 2021 – December 17, 2021

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm running a UTV Zilla glass windshield with vents and wiper. The vents are tinted polycarbonate and allow you to see through them over the hood, they're adjustable and the airflow is really good. These windshield are made very well and the prices are cheaper than the others. I ordered mine from Fueled UTV. I have a Kawasaki soft rear window that I keep unzipped and rolled up during the summer. This setup works pretty well with the high heat and humidity here in AR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car loos sharp with the matching trailer!
Thanks! It was happenstance. Actually between the 132" length of my KRX and the 110" of my wife's Polaris General I might need a new trailer. Just barely got them to fit by raising the back end of the polaris on some Rhino ramps. No room for my son's dirtbike...

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Silverton should be GTG this summer per this from the Maverick board. Current as of 6-8-21. Following as we want to do this trip if we get a spare day.

NOTIFICATION & CLARIFICATION ON OHV REFRENDUM PETITION
Citizens of the Town of Silverton,
On June 8, 2021, a Referendum for Ordinance 2021-05, prohibiting OHV’s in Silverton starting on June 20, 2021, was found sufficient by the Town of Silverton Clerk. This finding was within the thirty days of final publication of the ordinance and included the requisite five percent of registered electors of the municipality registered on the date of final publication. The Ordinance banning OHV’s in the Town of Silverton shall not take effect unless a majority of the registered electors voting on the measure at the election vote in favor of the measure.
OHV’s WILL BE ALLOWED IN SILVERTON THIS SUMMER ON THE OHV ROUTE UNDER THE REGULATIONS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT, UNLESS THERE IS A SUCCESFULL PROTEST TO THE REFERENDUM PETITION. IF THERE IS NO SUCCESSFUL PROTEST, THE VOTE TO CONSIDER PROBHIBITING OHV’s WILL BE HELD BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 21st and DECEMBER 17th, 2021, DEPENDENT ON THE TOWN BOARD DETERMINATION DURING THE CONSIDERATION PERIOD
OHV REFERENDUM ON ORDINANCE BANNING OHV’S IN SILVERTON
(Dates are adjusted for statutory calendar requirements and subject to change depending on protest, final sufficiency determination and Town Board actions)
Referendum on OHV 1-Ordinance 2021-05
Initial Referendum Filing - Monday, June 7, 2021
Protest Period Deadline (40 days) - Monday, July 19, 2021
Final Determination of Sufficiency - Tuesday, July 20, 2021
(Unless Protest is filed and is successful or delays sufficiency determination)
Period for Reconsideration by Town Board of Ordinance - Promptly
If Board does not Re-Affirm Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Original Petition -
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - Thursday, October 14, 2021
If Board Affirms Ordinance, election is set between 60 and 150 days from Final Determination of Sufficiency of Referendum Petition - September 18, 2021 – December 17, 2021
Yes my wife found this as well. We have reservations for the Grand Imperial Hotel for one night and really looking forward to it. Glad this year will be good.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm running a UTV Zilla glass windshield with vents and wiper. The vents are tinted polycarbonate and allow you to see through them over the hood, they're adjustable and the airflow is really good. These windshield are made very well and the prices are cheaper than the others. I ordered mine from Fueled UTV. I have a Kawasaki soft rear window that I keep unzipped and rolled up during the summer. This setup works pretty well with the high heat and humidity here in AR.

Ooooohhh, looks mean. I really like the fancy roof! Couple questions, how does the soft rear window work with wind? Does it flap around a lot? Would you consider mesh as another option. I really like the idea of zipping and unzipping the soft rear window. Also what winch are you running?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,352 Posts
Ooooohhh, looks mean. I really like the fancy roof! Couple questions, how does the soft rear window work with wind? Does it flap around a lot? Would you consider mesh as another option. I really like the idea of zipping and unzipping the soft rear window. Also what winch are you running?
I’m running this windshield also it is fantastic. No complaints at all apart from the instructions. Pretty easy to figure out though. Really nice and the vents are huge.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Dwight.
So one small thing that may be a big deal to some is the 7" TFT screen's ability to connect to front and rear camera. The cameras are out of stock right now on Kawi website but I will be getting them and installing them when I can find them.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m running this windshield also it is fantastic. No complaints at all apart from the instructions. Pretty easy to figure out though. Really nice and the vents are huge.
Also a very sweet machine. You do not find the limited lower visibility to be an issue? Also how does it do with dust and no rear windshield. I mean that is what I ran for years on the can am, not sure why I am all of a sudden so worried about a little dust, LOL.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The soft rear window doesn't flap around at all, I was very surprised with it. I've seen the mesh ones and that would work for summer pretty well. This one has done well year round.
The winch is a Warn Axon 45S, the solenoid is contained inside the winch housing and is waterproof...love it!! You only run the power and ground cables to the battery and theres a small 12v switched wire and ground to the bus bar behind the dash. It's mounted on an HMF Defender series bumper.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts