Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Tusk Wing vent kit this weekend. This is a great option for those who want to get some air on them when the cab gets a little hot. When closed it will block air from entering the cab. Only problem I encountered was that I had to get some aluminum to sandwich the lexan wing. It cracked when I tighten the bolts down that holds the wing. I emailed Rocky Mountain to complain about this and they are sending me new wing's. Hopefully they will update the wing kit with something like what I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Looks like your solution for reinforcing them is something we all should do or they should come like that.

I'm interested and have the same glass windshield and side mirrors. I have a question about how my Seizmik side mirrors will work with these wing vents. How are your mirrors mounted? They don't appear to be on the A-pillars where the wing vents mount. Plus your mirror is upside down. I run mine up high like that but mine are on the A-pillars.

Can you provide the measurement on the wing vent clamps from extreme top of the clamp to extreme bottom of the clamp? I can use that info.

Link to product for reference:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made some brackets to mount the mirror's. Yeah I need to switch the mirror's around. Hope the pictures will help.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
Nice job on the mirror brackets! Thanks for the measurements. Me without the brackets, do you think the standard Seizmik mirror mount will work with those wings? It sure looks like there’s room above which is where I have them now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
They will fit with the factory mirrors down low but you will need to drill another set of holes in the plexiglass for the upper brackets....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've thought about using those. We have the full factory windshield but no rear window. I've been considering a net on the rear and air wings like you're using to control dust. I would love to hear how the wings are working. I'm also using the siezmic mirrors in the low position and wondering how you liked them in the high position?
Thanks
Dwight

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've thought about using those. We have the full factory windshield but no rear window. I've been considering a net on the rear and air wings like you're using to control dust. I would love to hear how the wings are working. I'm also using the siezmic mirrors in the low position and wondering how you liked them in the high position?
Thanks
Dwight
I like them in the high position. I had them in the lower position before adding wing's. I probably will not be able to give a good report on the wing's moving air into the cabin for awhile. I don't have any trip's planned during winter months. I'm sure someone else can comment on that air movement in cabin.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
The mirrors block your sight line. I prefer to have my lower sight line never blocked. Only reason I run my side mirrors high up.

My buddy tried it my way on his KRX and chose low after a few rides. It’s a personal choice. Easy enough to move either way if you don’t have wing vents. 😉

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I tried running my mirrors up high for a while. Figured it would help with rear vision to try to see over the KRX "hips". For me, they blocked my sight line I use when running higher speeds, and didn't really seem to help with rear vision. At low speeds it is easy for me to pick my lines before the mirror even comes into play. Low is what works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts