Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are about newly developed Klock Werks' 1/2 Flare windshield. This guy, Dirt 'N' Diesel, has ton of reviews on different KRX parts and installs. He covered the unboxing, installation, performed a functionality test, and gave it a really good YouTube review. Their (Klock Werks) motorcycle windshields are said to be phenomenal. I know they're pricey, but anti-scratch, hard coated, polycarbonate ain't cheap.

YouTube: Klockwerks Windshield install and review!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,461 Posts
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are about newly developed Klock Werks' 1/2 Flare windshield. This guy, Dirt 'N' Diesel, has ton of reviews on different KRX parts and installs. He covered the unboxing, installation, performed a functionality test, and gave it a really good YouTube review. Their (Klock Werks) motorcycle windshields are said to be phenomenal. I know they're pricey, but anti-scratch, hard coated, polycarbonate ain't cheap.

View attachment 6200
Any polycarbonate will scratch. Doesn’t matter what coating it has. I had the half windshield and it did nothing but blast more wind in my face.
Save yourself the headache and get a full glass windshield with vents.
I have the UTV zilla full windshield and have encouraged several other members to also buy the same. Everyone is really happy with it, even some of us that ride in the desert it’s a good fit. Plenty of airflow when you need it and the glass comes with a free wiper and free shipping.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
576 Posts

View attachment 6200
Thanks for sharing new information on a new product!

·
Registered
47 Posts
No experience with the one your looking at but I’ve had great luck with 2 different hard coated poly windshields and they didn’t get all scratched up, best thing about the poly is you don’t lose a ton of viewing area like the glass ones with the metal border around them!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
I have to agree with Speedyg. Glass is the only thing I would put on a UTV. Polycarbonate will scratch, I don't care what kind of coating they put on them. Just not a good choice for the dusty conditions UTV's are used in. Some may last longer than others, but they will scratch anytime you try to wipe it off. Maybe with the half windshield you don't care as much?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,461 Posts
No experience with the one your looking at but I’ve had great luck with 2 different hard coated poly windshields and they didn’t get all scratched up, best thing about the poly is you don’t lose a ton of viewing area like the glass ones with the metal border around them!
It depends which one you’re looking at. You would lose a ton with the dirt warrior or tusk because it truly is all metal. The UTV zilla has polycarbonate vents. I didn’t notice much difference at all.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,461 Posts
I have to agree with Speedyg. Glass is the only thing I would put on a UTV. Polycarbonate will scratch, I don't care what kind of coating they put on them. Just not a good choice for the dusty conditions UTV's are used in. Some may last longer than others, but they will scratch anytime you try to wipe it off. Maybe with the half windshield you don't care as much?
Forgot to mention polycarbonate is an absolute dust magnet!

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
168 Posts

View attachment 6200
Windshield looks like the SxS was left out in the Arizona sun in June and July!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I won't get into the debate over poly and glass. I have poly and hit tons of branches and never had a scratch on it, but glass would be nice to have. The real debate is full or half windshield and I can tell you you're going to get into mud and water sometime and I would never go without a full windshield. Unless you like eating a face full of mud and water if you hit it hard enough then full is the way to go. PUT fender flares on it. Saves you chucking mud into the cab. I used Super UTV and they fit 9/10, but are 10/10 at stopping mud from getting ya and flex well as to not dent my fenders. Easily one of the better purchases I made.

PS buy a small California brush and put it behind the seat. When you stop just get out and a couple of quick strokes over the windshield and the dust is gone and they don't scratch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts