Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone installed this yet? Adds 25% roughly SPARE fuel flow/pressure capacity which should help with the fuel starvation issues on cyl 2. Think I will install and try this over the winter. Thinking about adding an inline fuel pressure gage but probably skip that and just make sure I change the sock frequently The stock filter sock is multi-layer and MAY restrict fuel flow. Just sharing the info!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 6348

Has anyone installed this yet? Adds 25% roughly SPARE fuel flow/pressure capacity which should help with the fuel starvation issues on cyl 2. Think I will install and try this over the winter. Thinking about adding an inline fuel pressure gage but probably skip that and just make sure I change the sock frequently The stock filter sock is multi-layer and MAY restrict fuel flow. Just sharing the info!
So I just bought this and will do a test for everyone's benefit. I will add an inline fuel pressure gage and test the stock pump at 700 miles with "as-is" dirty sock pressure, Check again the stock pump with CLEAN sock. Check again with new Kemso pump pressure. Will post results. I plan to leave the pressure gage installed so I can monitor the sock and fuel pressure condition. Mainly this is in preparation for the supercharger, but also due to some issues with blown stock engines due to fuel starvation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing as you but the stock fuel pressure regulator sets the pressure so even with a dirty filter I think there’s always gonna be that 43psi at idle and the pressure would need to be checked a WOT runs this is where it’s gonna be starved. I was looking at this pump.

QFS OEM Replacement In-Tank EFI Fuel Pump w/ Tank Seal, Strainer for Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 EFI 2020-2021, Replaces 49040-0782

I think I might buy it and test the actual flow rate on the stock fuel pump by disconnecting the fuel line running to the injector rail hooking up a fuel line and pumping it into a 1 gal gas can time how long it take to pump 1 gallon, then repeating with the aftermarket fuel pump. That’s the only way we’re going to know which one actually flows more.I might have to build up a pigtail to power up the pump I think the pump gets cycled when you initially key on but the pump won’t continually run until the engine fires!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to buy that but the Kemso has more flow and pressure capacity it appears uo to 68 (25% spare) Not sure if the QFS does or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya but do you trust those ratings? At that price point I don’t have faith in either ones rating could be less flow rate than stock

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I decided not to buy that (returning) just got me worried now. But I am going to install the pressure gage after the fuel pump to see if I get any drop in fuel pressure at WOT. $15 why not. Easy to remove.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Actually I decided not to buy that (returning) just got me worried now. But I am going to install the pressure gage after the fuel pump to see if I get any drop in fuel pressure at WOT. $15 why not. Easy to remove.
that's what i use my Dynojet PV3 for.... if you set it up so that it displays fuel trims you can see if it's running lean... the long term and short term fuel trims will be both WAY positive, and the computer in the Kawasaki's is so damn fast it'll adjust super quick....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info. I just received mine! I figured it may have this capability but am not that tech savvy yet on the PV3. Maybe I will use this instead! Gage was only $15 bucks so is a good testing tool as well to have on the bench! Have a VFJ tune now and was waiting to install the PV3 after I get the Kraftwerks Supercharger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts