Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a local dealer today. They have several new 2022 trail models priced at $26,499. When I told them that that was $800 OVER the msrp of a new 2023 trail model, and 2023 model years was when the price increase hit, the dealer told me, “yeah, Kawasaki added a surcharge to these”.

Is there any definitive truth to this? If I were to attempt to call Kawasaki service, do you think they would confirm this or float around it? I don’t like to pay msrp for things, but understand that since the scamdemic, it is what it is. Anything over msrp is just dealer greed IMO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand how to play the game. My inclination was that the “surcharge” was just a bunch of BS, but up until recently, this dealer had been a few hundred $ below msrp on their prices with none of the (ridiculous) additional charges added. That’s why I was curious about this. Perhaps new ownership, who knows…. My money will spend just as easily elsewhere if that’s the case.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts
I think I would call him out on it. If his sales are still good he likely won't care if you buy from him or not, in which case I would take my business elsewhere. I understand business, and they do have to make money. However price gouging up to whatever the market will bear just isn't the kind of business I care to support. They make plenty off of selling at MSRP and all the extras.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Directly from Kawasakis Web site, all of the models now include a $600 materials surcharge, 22 models is the same price as the 23

MSRP
$25,699

Destination Charge $950

Freight and Materials Surcharge $600

Dealer sets the actual destination charge, your price may vary.

Specifications and pricing are subject to change.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Directly from Kawasakis Web site, all of the models now include a $600 materials surcharge, 22 models is the same price as the 23

MSRP
$25,699

Destination Charge $950

Quit showing off with all your common sense and problem solving! Just let us roast his local dealer! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
Stopped by a local dealer today. They have several new 2022 trail models priced at $26,499. When I told them that that was $800 OVER the msrp of a new 2023 trail model, and 2023 model years was when the price increase hit, the dealer told me, “yeah, Kawasaki added a surcharge to these”.

Is there any definitive truth to this? If I were to attempt to call Kawasaki service, do you think they would confirm this or float around it? I don’t like to pay msrp for things, but understand that since the scamdemic, it is what it is. Anything over msrp is just dealer greed IMO.
If the MSRP on kawis website does not match the sticker on the dealer. It is most definitely dealer mark up.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,445 Posts

MSRP
$25,699

Destination Charge $950

Well then they need to adjust their MSRP to reflect that $600 price increase. Otherwise they are advertising a false MSRP for their product. If materials prices ever go back down (lol, yeah right) then they could talk up their $600 "price cut" as an advertising strategy. If it cost x number of dollars to build it, sell it for that price. Don't make it look good and then add the hidden fees to the sale price. Hate that!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Well then they need to adjust their MSRP to reflect that $600 price increase. Otherwise they are advertising a false MSRP for their product. If materials prices ever go back down (lol, yeah right) then they could talk up their $600 "price cut" as an advertising strategy. If it cost x number of dollars to build it, sell it for that price. Don't make it look good and then add the hidden fees to the sale price. Hate that!
I'm with ya, alas we know stuff like that is advertising 101. Nothing and no one is ever forthcoming about things. One of the drawbacks of capitalism, it seems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm with ya, alas we know stuff like that is advertising 101. Nothing and no one is ever forthcoming about things. One of the drawbacks of capitalism, it seems.
It has nothing to do with capitalism its all marketing you see said price sit down to make deal they through all the numbers at you your head spins you want said product real bad if your not a strong person you go for the bait. Most people are looking for monthly payment not actual OTD price & dealers know this.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,908 Posts
It has nothing to do with capitalism its all marketing you see said price sit down to make deal they through all the numbers at you your head spins you want said product real bad if your not a strong person you go for the bait. Most people are looking for monthly payment not actual OTD price & dealers know this.
Cash is king.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
991 Posts
Not right now! And often the dealer gets a cut when he arranges the financing... which he loses if you pay cash.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Marketing is directly tied to capitalism. Capitalism is Capitalism. I'm not knocking it. Though there exists what some would label chrony capitalism.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts