Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The first thing I noticed was how much bigger the clutch was on the krx versus my can am. Sure I was having to replace my weights because I’ve heard the krx weights suck. But as soon as I took the cover off I just started to laugh. Kawasaki likes everything BIGGER. Those Japanese engineers must have little man syndrome lol but it works out for us!
And people bitch about the weight of the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
The difference is ridiculous, especially for machines with so much more power!

Reactions: 1655 and mtl111

·
Registered
18 Posts
Holy smokes! That front diff was crazy in size comparison! I literally laughed out loud watching that! I was sold on the KRX when I first saw one compared to what I've seen from the other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is one of the many reasons I chose the KRX over anything else. I have been a mechanic for a very long time and I checked out many parts diagrams of the other guys
and checked out the other machines in person. No thanks!
I need clutch assembly kit what do you recommend for that? We've wore out 2 clutchs already.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I need clutch assembly kit what do you recommend for that? We've wore out 2 clutchs already.
There is no fix…. Yet. Vforcejohn knows how to do it but Kawasaki will not sell him a part to make it happen. It sucks, I’m going to be on my 3rd set of clutches once the dealer gets them.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Could you elaborate where you are using your machine and what conditions that the machine has been subject to and how often you have been inspecting the primary and secondary clutches and cleaning them and cleaning inside the clutch converter housing? What parts are wearing out? Sheaves, Rollers, Pins, Bushings, Ramp Weights. One ride in the desert in dusty conditions and the inside of my converter housing and the primary and secondary clutches were filthy.
I am not saying that extra maintenance is the answer or that you are not doing maintenance to your clutches but it sure can help unless there is indeed some sort of a design flaw that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing! I sent it to few friends.

The part showing the knuckle at 3 minutes - Then the wheel bearings & ball joints & tie rods... That's why you can run 35" tires on these machines! People ask me on the trail if I've upgraded anything and I say no need to. (Plus I don't abuse it.)

The next grin I got - almost laughed out loud - is at the 11-minute mark when he drops a front axle beside the Turbo S front axle. Holy crap! "That's a man vs. a boy..."

Then the front diff kicks in at 12:20! I see what you guys mean there!

Reactions: 1655

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Check this one out:

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Yes, way before I ever saw this I bought from them the pop rivet tool - it’s the best I’ve ever found! Their seat belt bypass plug is $9.99! Their rollover valve is under $20! I also bought the floor drains and spare pop rivets. I’d like to buy those side wings in that video and the cup holder.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, way before I ever saw this I bought from them the pop rivet tool - it’s the best I’ve ever found! Their seat belt bypass plug is $9.99! Their rollover valve is under $20! I also bought the floor drains and spare pop rivets. I’d like to buy those side wings in that video and the cup holder.
I too would be interested in the side wings but I want to make sure that he will make a model that will work with side mirrors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could you elaborate where you are using your machine and what conditions that the machine has been subject to and how often you have been inspecting the primary and secondary clutches and cleaning them and cleaning inside the clutch converter housing? What parts are wearing out? Sheaves, Rollers, Pins, Bushings, Ramp Weights. One ride in the desert in dusty conditions and the inside of my converter housing and the primary and secondary clutches were filthy.
I am not saying that extra maintenance is the answer or that you are not doing maintenance to your clutches but it sure can help unless there is indeed some sort of a design flaw that needs to be addressed.
I’m still waiting for the answer to your question also. How many miles on the machine and was it just a rebuild or completely new clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts