Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
471 Posts
I ordered a set of the braces. For $60 why not. You can’t get them off the website yet. They don’t have enough made. You have to email them. He’ll paypal invoice you and when they are all made you get them sent. Then they will be available on the site. Seeing as how replacement frames and frame sections aren’t available. It seems like cheap insurance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Those are the ones I was looking at too. (Besides the prp)
Thought I saw a discount code kicking around here someplace.
They’re not bad... if you’re not in a big hurry to get them. Some folks get their stuff right away others it’s months.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
I’ve been doing a little bit of reading on limit straps, here’s what I can’t wrap my head around. If the straps bolt to the same location as the shocks themselves, how does it differ on strain to the bolt locations then just the shock themselves??

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Exactly what I'm wondering. Are we not trusting the internals of the shocks? Anyone have stories of the shocks blowing apart of extending all the way?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Exactly what I'm wondering. Are we not trusting the internals of the shocks? Anyone have stories of the shocks blowing apart of extending all the way?
I think the point is, especially with bigger heavier tires, you wont put the strain on the shock to where it could pull apart. But to me, unless it’s a race rig, it seems unnecessary.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
272 Posts
I don’t run them on the X2 without sway bars and a 2” lift, at 2500 hard miles like that. The tires aren’t oversized but I’m at max flex at all four corners every ride. Completely different machine for sure.

On the KRX, for now, I’m putting limit straps in the same category as skid plates. I bottomed out - just a tap on mud - once in four rides.

The hobby is all about how you ride, and I love hearing from everyone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah I would not say it's absolutely necessary for sure. It's not the stress on the bolt locations it about relieving the stress on the shock at full droop the strap will be the limiting factor not the length of the shock. Different strokes for different folks. I just go back to the cost of the limit strap it's far cheaper than a shock. With that said maybe it won't ever be an issue but I know with limit straps it never will be... Most of us can all agree on necessary stuff. All these other things or gadgets boil down to the mind of the end user. This ain't no one size fits all type a deals. But when I'm in I'm all in dumb or not motorsports is my only hobby and I don't have children and a wife that loves it!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
This what I've read in other forums and Facebook. If you have taken your sway bars off, you better have straps. I don't do any rock crawling so my sway bars are connected. Think it depends on the trails you ride on. I'm mostly trail riding with some mountain off camber areas that are washed out. By any means, I think that they are a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
849 Posts
Ok, so they’re basically protecting the shock from hyper extension. I get it now. I’ll have to ponder that thought some more, as I don’t leave the ground very often, nor am I running oversized tires. 🤔

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok, so they’re basically protecting the shock from hyper extension. I get it now. I’ll have to ponder that thought some more, as I don’t leave the ground very often, nor am I running oversized tires. 🤔
Id like to know if shock therapy has recommended limit straps? That would carry some weight with me. I havent heard about any shocks coming apart on any side by side. Other than the pictures of the shock mounts ripped off from a high speed impact.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This what I've read in other forums and Facebook. If you have taken your sway bars off, you better have straps. I don't do any rock crawling so my sway bars are connected. Think it depends on the trails you ride on. I'm mostly trail riding with some mountain off camber areas that are washed out. By any means, I think that they are a good idea.
I watched this last night. The sway bars and limit straps have pretty much no correlation. This was a good explanation.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts