Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Access UTV.com is marketing a front shock mount brace as a must have for any KRX owner. Is anyone having issues with the top, front shock mount failing? Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
927 Posts
LOL MUST HAVE :ROFLMAO:

It is impossible to build an "idiot proof" machine. Meaning, someone will always manage to break every part on any machine eventually. You jump a machine high enough and land on one front wheel, something is going to give. I believe I saw one of those pictures somewhere else, and the guy had driven into a tree and broke the shock mount.
Another quote that jumps out at me.
"You wont hear or see much about this issue anywhere but here."
If this was an actual issue, you would be hearing about it EVERYWHERE! We all know how fast news spreads when a common issue pops up.
They are so proud of this product that there is not even a picture of it. I'm not going to say that any extra bracing isn't a good thing, especially if you like to push your machine to the limits, but all I see here is a marketing scare tactic to try and boost sales.

·
Registered
138 Posts
LOL MUST HAVE :ROFLMAO:

It is impossible to build an "idiot proof" machine. Meaning, someone will always manage to break every part on any machine eventually. You jump a machine high enough and land on one front wheel, something is going to give. I believe I saw one of those pictures somewhere else, and the guy had driven into a tree and broke the shock mount.
Another quote that jumps out at me.
"You wont hear or see much about this issue anywhere but here."
If this was an actual issue, you would be hearing about it EVERYWHERE! We all know how fast news spreads when a common issue pops up.
They are so proud of this product that there is not even a picture of it. I'm not going to say that any extra bracing isn't a good thing, especially if you like to push your machine to the limits, but all I see here is a marketing scare tactic to try and boost sales.
Bob,
I seen a Krx totaled here in Michigan for this reason. Go look at your upper shock mount, it needs bracing. But I am with you, they don’t even post a photo, great marketing lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
927 Posts
Wait, we got more good stuff from these guys. According to these guys im not sure we should be riding.

Kawasaki KRX 1000 A-Arm Frame Tabs, Support Kit MUST HAVE [krx09] - $39.99 : Marked Motorsports, Team Website
MUST HAVE
Same exact low price of $39.99
Holy Crap! Better have me sum of them thar things too..... Who knew you would tear a wheel off, a-arm and all, if you drove into something at speed? o_O LOL We all had better just park these things until they make them bomb proof. Give them a while and we will be able to $39.99 ourselves into an indestructible machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks to me that maybe the upper shock bolt was loose elongating the mounting holes in the bracket causing the failure. But that is just my opinion because the bracket has failed in the extended position of the shock also if you look at the wear pattern on the paint where the shock bolt seats it looks to me that the bolt has been moving wearing the paint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m just saying it’s a weak point. Go look at how weak/thin kawi made those shock mounts.. definitely could use some more strength in my opinion.
I get it. Painted mounting surfaces are prone to loosen due to the failure of the paint under the clamping surface area. Many years of off road racing and many years of being a mechanic teaches you this. Always check high stressed mounting fasteners tightness with a torque wrench until the fasteners take a final clamping seat because of the deterioration of the paint under the clamping surface. I have seen many types of failures because of this most certainly on engine mounts and suspension components.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thats one shady looking ad. Pics of a wrecked KRX but not a single pic of the product they are pushing. Next...
I just contacted them about pics and got this response regarding the upper shock kit-

"We have them produced and ready to sell but we have been waiting on the patent office paperwork. We hope to have everything online and for sale within the next couple weeks."

Took them all of 2 minutes to respond to my email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get it. Painted mounting surfaces are prone to loosen due to the failure of the paint under the clamping surface area. Many years of off road racing and many years of being a mechanic teaches you this. Always check high stressed mounting fasteners tightness with a torque wrench until the fasteners take a final clamping seat because of the deterioration of the paint under the clamping surface. I have seen many types of failures because of this most certainly on engine mounts and suspension components.
I was just getting ready to write something similar, Torque them to spec ever couple hundred mile and you will solve this issue. Common to all UTV's I had a Polaris that started making noise at the shock towers, loose, couple times on the bolts and a little "love lotion" solved it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have seen engine mounting tabs made from 4130 chromoly steel fracture from vibration and movement due to loose engine mounting hardware due to painted mounting surfaces and the operator / owner not doing regular checks and maintenance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
4130 is more brittle than mild steel and would be a poor choice for engine mounts unless it was thickened up a fair amount.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts