Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 KRX 1000 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The harnesses are awesome. But be aware that they lock up if you are off camber. I put my winch rocker switch on the left side and could barely reach it with my long arms. I didn't want to bump the winch switch messing with drinks or the shifter. When I was tipped over in a rut, I didn't want to unhook my harness either.

· Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
1,057 Posts
The harnesses are awesome. But be aware that they lock up if you are off camber. I put my winch rocker switch on the left side and could barely reach it with my long arms. I didn't want to bump the winch switch messing with drinks or the shifter. When I was tipped over in a rut, I didn't want to unhook my harness either.
I solved the inadvertent winch operation with a flush push button next to it. I also lights up when winch in/out switch has power.

Things continue to change on the center stack. Now there is a two port USB outlet with volt meter, a center off switch to select switched or non-switched power for the intercom. Also a seat belt cutter velco'd within my reach.

Note my gloves in the two hot dog warmer cups. I should give that a try. Warp a cooked hot dog in foil and place ii there in the morning, should be pretty warm at lunch tiime.

· Registered
2021 KRX Blue
1,197 Posts
I did the same thing, put a maintained push button in series with the power to the rocker switch for the winch. I mounted mine in the back of the cubby hole. No more drinks in and out bumping the winch switch.

· Registered
23 KRX 1000 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I solved the inadvertent winch operation with a flush push button next to it. I also lights up when winch in/out switch has power.
View attachment 12785 View attachment 12786

Things continue to change on the center stack. Now there is a two port USB outlet with volt meter, a center off switch to select switched or non-switched power for the intercom. Also a seat belt cutter velco'd within my reach.

View attachment 12787

Note my gloves in the two hot dog warmer cups. I should give that a try. Warp a cooked hot dog in foil and place ii there in the morning, should be pretty warm at lunch tiime.
I don't really like a key-hot In-Out rocker switch. But I didn't expect to even use the winch with a KRX.

With my Wolverine R-SPEC, I had a "winch power" rocker switch to activate the contactor. Back then, I used a wireless remote with a plug in cord as a backup.

· Registered
23 KRX 1000 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll only use the winch when the engine is running so key on for winch is preferable to me.
I totally agree. A winch should never be used with the engine off unless you have a dual battery setup. Nothing worse than a dead battery.

· Registered
144 Posts
Agree with yas about having engine running for winch ops but recently had buggy beyond the engine operating lean angle. (not caused by carrying a spare either).

Failed to straddle ruts & slid in.
No trees nearby so I had to dig around stumps to fasten additional line I carry. To get buggy back to engine start angle it had to move aft 6', the front passenger tire to the right a few feet then tip buggy to port side to start.
Climbing up over tree kickers to turn key on just under a dozen times: ran fuel pump & always on lights each time.

Trail was 2-3" thick soupy clay. Few lessons learned (besides driving skills):
  • power to winch without key on alleviates additional power drain until engine can be started
  • bought a cordless winch controller (unit plugs into outlet the cord end plugs into)
  • something to dig with comes in handy (all I had was a sheath knife)
  • know a few good knots (synthetic line will tighten up, a bowline comes out easily)

· Registered
2021 Blue KRX
651 Posts
View attachment 12785 View attachment 12786

View attachment 12787

We’ve heated hot dogs like that and it actually worked great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts