Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has mounted the bfg’s on the stock wheels yet? I went to mount them up and the beadlock bolts are to short due to the thicker rim guard. I will get longer bolts some time tomorrow but I am wondering on the size, if 1 1/2“ would be the right size or the metric equivalen.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
The BFG's are a stout tire for sure. Mounted mine on aftermarket wheels, so sorry, no help with the bolts. Post up some pics when you get them mounted up and installed. Haven't seen the 35" KM3's yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m sure that they will be in the 70-80lbs.I will get them on a scale when I get the other ones back mounted. They measured out at 34.75 with 16lbs of air. They look huge next to the stock ones. The spare fits in the kawi rack so that is good I’ll attach some pics.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
Quoted from the ProUTV vendor forum.
"35x10x15 BFGoodrich KM3 weighs 53.65 lbs"

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
Your wheels are probably in the 15 lb. range. That's going to put you in the 69 lb. each range.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
The OEM tire and wheel is about 55 lbs. so you're looking at about 14 lbs. more per corner, or +56 lbs. overall. I know advertised weights are all over the board. Interested to hear what the actual weight of yours are.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,070 Posts
those BFG's look like a very rounded profile with not much contact patch.
I don't think the Carnivore is on a wheel and aired up in his picture. The tread pattern is slightly narrower on the BFG, but not a huge difference in the profile when both are mounted and at equal (14 psi in this picture) inflation pressure. The 32" BFG actually puts more rubber on the ground than the Carnivore due to it's tread pattern. The 35's are actually 1/2" wider than my 32's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the third pic the carnivore is unmounted. The second pic of the top view it was still mounted on the wheel. The camera makes it look more ballooned then it is. I am really excited to see how they behave on the trails. Plus I got a screaming deal on them and a stock wheel. I am excited to see their weight also their are to many BS weights on all of these tires and wheel combos. I have not had the machine for the last 5 months due to broken parts and kawi not having them in stock. All is good now tho and I’ll definitely report on how they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts