Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealership could never duplicate the issue. They don't really have any declines to travel down. I even went out to them and drove it with their tech riding shotgun, but I couldn't get it to do it. So I picked it up and have since been out once, and it popped out of gear on 3 different times all going down moderate to steep declines. I've adjusted the cable myself now and driving around the yard feels good. There was a little wiggle in the shift lever when in "H", I moved the adjustment nuts 2 rotations, pushing the lever farther to rear of the vehicle. Now with the lever in "H" there is no wiggle. I'll let ya know after my next trip out if it made a difference or not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dealership could never duplicate the issue. They don't really have any declines to travel down. I even went out to them and drove it with their tech riding shotgun, but I couldn't get it to do it. So I picked it up and have since been out once, and it popped out of gear on 3 different times all going down moderate to steep declines. I've adjusted the cable myself now and driving around the yard feels good. There was a little wiggle in the shift lever when in "H", I moved the adjustment nuts 2 rotations, pushing the lever farther to rear of the vehicle. Now with the lever in "H" there is no wiggle. I'll let ya know after my next trip out if it made a difference or not.
Were in the exact same boat. I did the same thing and need to get on some hills to test (not many hills in Michigan...) I maxed it out and adjusted it so it is pushing all the way back and it still goes in the other gears ok. Will keep u in the loop

·
Registered
41 Posts
One thing about it does not result in more serious problems. There are no grindings or slivers of metal coming out when you change the gear oil. It just can not stay locked together, in my opinion, beefier lugs on the cage looking piece. When something fails we usually move up to the next thicker stock. On some of them they do the fix and it works just fine. There is a very small percentage that they're having trouble with. Get a video of it, get it logged into the system and ride it for now. Especially if you have a warranty. This won't damage things any further. Try to keep your foot on the gas a little wee bit, what happens when there is lash in the system that is when it will let go. Set it up with your dealer when you bring it in so that it is priority and have the parts beforehand. Don't let them say we have to diagnose the problem....Bullshit! You have the video on file!!!!!!! Text it to the service manager. We know and they know what is wrong. After it is done either it will work or it won't....that is the wierd part. My dealer said they'd sold almost 300 units and only have five or six with this problem. Mine was the first they tried to fix. I'm holding off for the 2nd try until they work through it further. Most will probably be fixed. I'm over being mad. I am riding it til they get a better fix.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
272 Posts
Chilled Rider is a great name for your handling of this. Thanks for all for sharing.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
468 Posts
I just adjusted mine. It wasnt fully engaged...
I’m not a weak man by any means but I can not get those nuts to break loose to see if it’s fully adjusted. Granted, at 200 miles mine has yet to pop out of gear but I’d like to check.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chilled Rider is a great name for your handling of this. Thanks for all for sharing.
Thanks, If your having a bad day, ladies if you don't like something about your body.... Just change your mind. It's hard to change people and expensive to change physical things, but easy to change your mind.

Guys, good luck with the adjustments....It's a try at a solution!!!!

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Saturday during our ride it did not pop out of gear after the dealer adjusted the cable. They said it was adjusted at the transmission and at the shifter. So I'm hoping that was the fix and will have no more issues. Was going to adjust myself but wanted service record of the work for future (just in case)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Took mine for a 100 mile high speed trail ride yesterday after adjusting my cable and no issues. Will have to hit some really steep declines at just the right speed to see if it happens again. Maybe I will just use the brakes instead on decline and avoid the situation altogether. Only sitting at 300 miles. Love my KRX more each ride and even more with the VFJ tune. Was sport racing with my buddy in a RZR 900 50" machine that weighs half as much. Was still faster and way more comfortable over the woops. Adjusted my front clickers to 4 from soft and it was ideal on the washboard heavy traffic trail chop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went out on a 70 mile trip yesterday without any issues. I tried to recreate the same situations where its done it before and it never would come out of gear. Fingers crossed for now🤞.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Yesterday's ride was just over 90 miles. One long steep decline for about half mile, did not pop out of gear. So that's two rides almost 200 miles with no further issue. But I'm still on guard with issue on the back of my mind.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Just finished washing the dust off for an hour and a half. I'll take the dust over mud. Don't need to break out my pressure washer for dust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are having problems with it jumping out and want to continue riding it until the service dept. can make you "priority", just keep your foot on the gas to provide enough input to the tranny to keep it from surging. This will keep back lash to a minimum. Mine did it on hard pack with fines on top (hard dirt roads). Just enough traction to provide torque feed back into the tranny and still let the wheels loose traction to some degree. I rode this weekend, the machine is awesome! At 400 miles (Mine was at the dealers shop more than mine for the first year-needed all the up dates, axles , a-arms, jump out gear), I'm starting to see where it is under powered, 2 guys weighing 500-550lb combined, all accessories, a little mud and steep hills-slows it down!!!!!!! It needs to least compete with the NA market.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you are having problems with it jumping out and want to continue riding it until the service dept. can make you "priority", just keep your foot on the gas to provide enough input to the tranny to keep it from surging. This will keep back lash to a minimum. Mine did it on hard pack with fines on top (hard dirt roads). Just enough traction to provide torque feed back into the tranny and still let the wheels loose traction to some degree. I rode this weekend, the machine is awesome! At 400 miles (Mine was at the dealers shop more than mine for the first year-needed all the up dates, axles , a-arms, jump out gear), I'm starting to see where it is under powered, 2 guys weighing 500-550lb combined, all accessories, a little mud and steep hills-slows it down!!!!!!! It needs to least compete with the NA market.
The VFJ tune makes a considerable difference if you want more mid range. It's much stronger pulling than stock. I am going with a Kraftwerks Supercharger this winter if I can pull it off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The VFJ tune makes a considerable difference if you want more mid range. It's much stronger pulling than stock. I am going with a Kraftwerks Supercharger this winter if I can pull it off.
It's good for basic trail performance lightly accessorized …you get the heater fan, windshield wiper motor and what ever else pulling on the alternator, probably sucks some power right at the crank. I'm beginning to think its a light vehicle (1900lbs+>1000lb of applied load= a pickup truck)rather than an atv/utv. If you want to get into a higher "sport" mode you are going to need more power.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts