Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
They had to pull my tranny apart several times because the shims Kawasaki sent were too thick. They are playing with the depth of the pressed on bearing to get it to work. Must be a combination of machining errors. What will hold the bearing from walking if they don't shim for case (or shaft) improperly machined. It appears that there are varying degrees of this problem. Sad it is still showing up in new machines.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Memo to Kawasaki. When, not if, this issue is eventually claimed to cause an injury or death, the plaintiffs attorney will hire an engineering team of expert witnesses that will help sort this out in short order. Hopefully your ducks are in a row before that happens. There is a reason a company that starts with H is so proactive about QC and recalls. Really hoping this is a series of random isolated instances for everyone's sake :unsure:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Guys I had the same issue today on a steep decent in high gear. It has happened about 3-4 time since I got it. I checked and the linkage was not fully extended, just need a 22mm wrench now to get the adjusters loose. They are super tight and the 7/8" I have is too loose and dont want to damage the nut... I assume I have the same issue. It happened one time when I only had 50 miles on it and came to a stop fast from going about 50 and there was a loud bang and clicking noises. Now I know what it was. Hopefully I havent done any internal shift fork damage. It was hard to shift when new as well but not anymore. I will fully extend the linkage to be sure it is positively engaged and if I have further issues will report.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It definitely could have caused serious injury or death on this steep decent! The brakes felt like they wouldnt engage and we almost lost control. From full engine brake to NOTHING immediately.

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
I had the dealer adjust the cable. Could not get the big nuts loose and didn't want to bend the bracket. Went on a short ride yesterday and it did not pop out of gear. Hopefully no more issues. Wanted the dealer to do it so at least there is a service history of the problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I havent had a chance to fully test it but this seems to have eliminated the issue, but now my transmission has a bit of a clunk it didnt have before at 200 miles. Hopefully I didn't bend the shift fork when it came out of gear (or went back in...) Better buy the extended WTY...

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
246 Posts
Went for a ride last Saturday after the dealer adjusted the cable. Did not pop out of gear. But we a pretty short ride. Still keeping me fingers crossed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dropped it off at the dealer today. I'll let yall know what they say.
[/QU
I have a 2021 Blue KRX with a production date of September of 2020 that is jumping out of high gear when descending down a steep grade or road. I tried adjusting the shift cable but did not help. I then tried the stronger detent spring from JBS and that did not help either so now it is at the dealer waiting to hear from Kawasaki on what to do next.:(
I have an identical issue so please keep us posted. I adjusted my cable but havent had a chance to try and replicate the issue

·
Registered
87 Posts
My build date was 11/19. I had the jumping out of gear. My dealer called Kawasaki and they authorized them to replace the sprague bearing. The multiplate clutch rides on this bearing. The whole unit was redesigned for 2021including the housing

I got the new unit. I haven't had a problem since.
I have the same problem on a 2021

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not the cable adjustment, look at the parts diagram posted earlier in this thread, part #13262c is not positioned properly to keep the "dogs" in part#13139 inserted. When this comes out it, it "jumps out of gear". Mine is being torn apart right now for the 2nd time. At first, I was in denial to thinking that it was only an adjustment, but I came to my senses and now I've realized that mine is junk. I was waiting to tell mine entire warranty experience after it was fixed, but you guys need to know what is going on....they don't know how to fix it. 2021 parts have letters by them indicating possible updated parts.....I didn't research it. I provided video to Kawasaki and they called me "to understand my problem", Bullshit...I call BULLSHIT! Next time yours does it, video their shitty tranny noise to "help them fix your problem". I like to hang back and gather all my information and then provide the results. The repair is not complete.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's not the cable adjustment, look at the parts diagram posted earlier in this thread, part #13262c is not positioned properly to keep the "dogs" in part#13139 inserted. When this comes out it, it "jumps out of gear". Mine is being torn apart right now for the 2nd time. At first, I was in denial to thinking that it was only an adjustment, but I came to my senses and now I've realized that mine is junk. I was waiting to tell mine entire warranty experience after it was fixed, but you guys need to know what is going on....they don't know how to fix it. 2021 parts have letters by them indicating possible updated parts.....I didn't research it. I provided video to Kawasaki and they called me "to understand my problem", Bullshit...I call BULLSHIT! Next time yours does it, video their shitty tranny noise to "help them fix your problem". I like to hang back and gather all my information and then provide the results. The repair is not complete.
Sorry to hear but thanks a lot for sharing this. I saw your post but too late. I'm going to go out and try and replicate it and definitely will be videoing this. Haven't made my first payment yet and thinking about not...

81 - 100 of 116 Posts