Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
He has it under his KRX 1000 parts.
I'll have to go back and look at it again. The dealer hear has a demo that's doing the same thing. Going to call them tomorrow and schedule it in. I'll send my sales guy that info. Last time I looked was not listed for the KRX...

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX

So I know nothing about where this spring goes or how it works but the description says it fixes the issue. Anybody have any insight?
I have a 2021 Blue KRX with a production date of September of 2020 that is jumping out of high gear when descending down a steep grade or road. I tried adjusting the shift cable but did not help. I then tried the stronger detent spring from JBS and that did not help either so now it is at the dealer waiting to hear from Kawasaki on what to do next.:(

Reactions: Russo891 and Paul65

Registered
I have an early 2020 model and had the same issue with engine braking and popping out of gear. The dealer did the one way with no change. I adjusted the shift cable and it helped a little. Kawasaki told the dealer to pull the tranny apart and have a look. The determined that the high range gear was not pressed on all the way. They ordered new parts and rebuilt it. No more issues with 200 hard miles so far.

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
I have an early 2020 model and had the same issue with engine braking and popping out of gear. The dealer did the one way with no change. I adjusted the shift cable and it helped a little. Kawasaki told the dealer to pull the tranny apart and have a look. The determined that the high range gear was not pressed on all the way. They ordered new parts and rebuilt it. No more issues with 200 hard miles so far.
The dealer called me today and said, Kawasaki, told them to pull the transmission and take it apart. Could be either a bearing was not fully pressed on a shaft or could be in the shift collars or forks as they have seen in other machines doing what ours is doing.

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
Honestly hope this is not our issue. Have an appointment in two weeks. Will see what they say.

Registered
Dealer service guy said they have 5-6 with this issue and he feels they (Kawi) doesn't have a concrete fix yet. This why they are dragging their feet in fixing it. I encourage anyone who has this problem to blow up this thread.

Registered
Confirmed, bearing not pressed on far enough and shift forks not engaging. Glad it's not a design flaw, manufacturing error. I would love to see the Boolean algebra on how they are going to fix this in their system fault analysis.

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
Confirmed, bearing not pressed on far enough and shift forks not engaging. Glad it's not a design flaw, manufacturing error. I would love to see the Boolean algebra on how they are going to fix this in their system fault analysis.
Glad they found the issue in yours. I'm sure there is plenty more out there. Kawasaki will solve this issue. They don't want pissed off customers.

Registered
I'm having the same issue. I was doing about 50 downhill on a gravel road when it popped out of gear, made a horrible grinding sound, and I slammed on the brake as fast as possible. After getting stopped I shifted to reverse and back to high then it seemed normal. After driving a short distance I started hearing a weird noise so I parked and went to get my trailer and towed it home. Less than 200 miles on the car. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
I'm having the same issue. I was doing about 50 downhill on a gravel road when it popped out of gear, made a horrible grinding sound, and I slammed on the brake as fast as possible. After getting stopped I shifted to reverse and back to high then it seemed normal. After driving a short distance I started hearing a weird noise so I parked and went to get my trailer and towed it home. Less than 200 miles on the car. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.
Mine does it in high gear going down a hill 15-20mph. Grinding noise scares the hell out of my wife and I. Goes in the shop next Thursday. Supposed to go on a ride that next Saturday.

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
So the dealer found that the high gear and shifter collar was rounded off from it jumping out of high gear. They said it looks like the bearing on the end of the shaft next to the high gear was not fully pressed on. This would let the high gear move back and forth on the shaft and cause it to disengage. The dealer said some of the parts are on backorder for at least 30 days. They have had my machine for two weeks now so when the parts come in and they finish the repairs I will be without my ride for a month and a half. If anyone else is having this problem take it to a dealer and have them check it out before your warranty runs out. The more machines that Kawasaki knows about then maybe they can fix the issue before they ship a new unit out to the dealer. I have included a parts list to show what parts are being replaced. I just hope this will fix the problem and it is not in the shifting drum or forks. Only time will tell when I get it back and ride it some.:(

Attachments

Reactions: Paul65 and TripleB

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
So the dealer found that the high gear and shifter collar was rounded off from it jumping out of high gear. They said it looks like the bearing on the end of the shaft next to the high gear was not fully pressed on. This would let the high gear move back and forth on the shaft and cause it to disengage. The dealer said some of the parts are on backorder for at least 30 days. They have had my machine for two weeks now so when the parts come in and they finish the repairs I will be without my ride for a month and a half. If anyone else is having this problem take it to a dealer and have them check it out before your warranty runs out. The more machines that Kawasaki knows about then maybe they can fix the issue before they ship a new unit out to the dealer. I have included a parts list to show what parts are being replaced. I just hope this will fix the problem and it is not in the shifting drum or forks. Only time will tell when I get it back and ride it some.:(
You need to get a call from kawasaki them selves! How many miles do you have on your machine? Only had like 250 when mine first started the first time. Have just over 500 now. Mine is a 21 also. Now I'm worried. If that's the case that you will be without a machine for months, then they can give you another machine. I do have the extended warranty through kawasaki.

Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
You need to get a call from kawasaki them selves! How many miles do you have on your machine? Only had like 250 when mine first started the first time. Have just over 500 now. Mine is a 21 also. Now I'm worried. If that's the case that you will be without a machine for months, then they can give you another machine. I do have the extended warranty through kawasaki.
Mines has a little over 300 miles on it but it started the second ride out and has done it about every weekend we went on a ride. Sometimes you could ride it 50 or more miles before it would disengage. I have emailed and put a call into Kawasaki and waiting on a response. We will see how that goes and will keep everyone posted.

Registered
2021 Blue KRX 1000
Mines has a little over 300 miles on it but it started the second ride out and has done it about every weekend we went on a ride. Sometimes you could ride it 50 or more miles before it would disengage. I have emailed and put a call into Kawasaki and waiting on a response. We will see how that goes and will keep everyone posted.
Yep I'm within your miles also. Really sucks. If it was me I would be telling kawasaki to ship a new transmission over night. There has to be more of these machines doing this other than what is on this forum. I went with kawasaki due to hearing their customer service is top notch. They don't want to deal with my wife if I'm going to have a problem next Thursday.

Registered
I dropped it off at the dealer today. I'll let yall know what they say.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts