Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Steve Cornell posted a great video on how to adjust the linkage. I haven’t had a chance to adjust mine yet. But looks to be the cause.
I had the same thing happen in Moab twice. In both cases it was a long 10 % grade. It's like it came out of gear and started grinding while free wheeling down the grade. I was in high gear. Not sure what happened.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took mine into the dealer after freewheeling in high gear, He thinks it's the one way clutch bearing that is bad, I'll let you know
Mine was replaced when they did the knuckles. The clutch and sprague bearing was totally redesigned for 2021

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man thanks Steve!! I just posted about this problem, then found this. Happy Happy Happy
Mines doing the same thing on any downhill or high speed slow down in high gear peers to be either jumping out or free wheeling and getting a clunk clunk clunk clunk until I stop, I’ve contacted Kawasaki, have an appointment there waiting to hear back from Kawasaki on what the solution will be before I actually take it up there I’ll keep you guys posted thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mines doing the same thing on any downhill or high speed slow down in high gear peers to be either jumping out or free wheeling and getting a clunk clunk clunk clunk until I stop, I’ve contacted Kawasaki, have an appointment there waiting to hear back from Kawasaki on what the solution will be before I actually take it up there I’ll keep you guys posted thank you
I tried the adjustment it made no difference in mine, one of the dealers I talked to thinks it’s the one-way bearing but still haven’t heard back from Kawasaki on a fix for my particular one, I’ll keep you guys updated👹

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried the adjustment it made no difference in mine, one of the dealers I talked to thinks it’s the one-way bearing but still haven’t heard back from Kawasaki on a fix for my particular one, I’ll keep you guys updated👹
Mine did the same thing. My dealer called Kawasaki and they authorized the replacement of the sprague clutch ( aka) 1 way bearing and the clutch. The whole unit was redesigned for 2021. The parts alone are almost 1000$.That fixed my problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine did the same thing. My dealer called Kawasaki and they authorized the replacement of the sprague clutch ( aka) 1 way bearing and the clutch. The whole unit was redesigned for 2021. The parts alone are almost 1000$.That fixed my problem.
Here is a copy of the parts that they replaced

21 - 29 of 29 Posts