Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my first run out on the krx when rolling down a flat gravel road in high about 50mph backed off a bit for a turn and it kicked what seemed like in-between gears... rolled to a stop and shifter was in the high gate.. shut down and looked couldn't find anything wrong... pulled clutch cover found nothing wrong.. started and shifted in all gears were fine.. had buddy hold the shifter over out of high gate with finger and pulled on shifter arm at tranny seemed to be in detent and adjusted right.. so drove the rest of the day and could not duplicate..... puzzled..
This happen to anyone?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
If we are talking about the same thing, It happens to mine every so often. If I am in high gear, and let off the gas with the intent of just slowing down or slowing to a stop, it looses the engine braking, feels like it goes into a free rolling state like it has slipped out of gear while sounding & feeling like the gears are grinding themselves up. If I step on the gas, everything engages and it goes back to normal. If I step on the brake and stop, the gears grind till the machine comes to a stop. I have reported it to my local dealer. They could not duplicate the situation but said they would make a note of it in my file in case it becomes a warranty issue. They thought I was experiencing axle slap.

It has never done this in low gear.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks .. sound like same issue.. some how it came out of high.. and there wasn't any reason for it.. just backed off gas slightly.. didn't bump or touch the shifter... can't believe a small piece of gravel jumped up with enough force to smack the cable linkage out of gear... so Ok Kawi do you have a weak snap ring in your transmission?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just an update.. dealer says shifter slightly out of adjustment and pops out of detent ball...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is also doing the same thing. Did it coming down a step grade the other day on the trail. Has also done it on pavement several times. All times it has done it, it has been in high.

·
Registered
2020 white KRX 1000
81 Posts
The same thing just happened to me on a trail Saturday. I was going downhill in high letting other hold back and it popped out or something. Same as you described

·
Registered
72 Posts
The same thing just happened to me on a trail Saturday. I was going downhill in high letting other hold back and it popped out or something. Same as you described
Steve Cornell posted a great video on how to adjust the linkage. I haven’t had a chance to adjust mine yet. But looks to be the cause.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts