Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
41 - 59 of 88 Posts

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hello everyone, new member here. Just made the jump to the KRX from XP1000, unfortunately due to the heat wave here in California haven't taken it out yet, but looking foward to much overlanding trips.
Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KRX
21 Posts
Hey everyone! I've been a member since May of this year. I'm located in northeastern Pa.This forum has helped me in so many ways. I bought my Trail edition back in March of this year. I've had quite a few projects that I've been working on that I plan to post once I get all my pictures organized.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey everyone! I've been a member since May of this year. I'm located in northeastern Pa.This forum has helped me in so many ways. I bought my Trail edition back in March of this year. I've had quite a few projects that I've been working on that I plan to post once I get all my pictures organized.
Hello and welcome.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully a new KRX4 1000 owner soon! Deposit made on a new Special Edition would love to know when it will arrive in the Phoenix area. Currently own ‘18 Teryx4LE in AZ and a ‘13 Teryx Camo in Washington, looking to up the speed and fun!

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hopefully a new KRX4 1000 owner soon! Deposit made on a new Special Edition would love to know when it will arrive in the Phoenix area. Currently own ‘18 Teryx4LE in AZ and a ‘13 Teryx Camo in Washington, looking to up the speed and fun!
Hello and welcome to the forum.

· Registered
21 Posts
New member here.

Hello all! Looks like I’m going to be bleeding GREEN again very soon. A new 2003 Orange Z1000 was my last Kawasaki purchase. Before that were a custom built for me 1995 KLX340 STROKER (250 base model) built by Larry Roeseler and a 1991 KX500. All were awesome and almost too much fun to ride.

Now and a lot of Yamaha Rhino years later, I’m drifting over from Honda Pioneer 1000’s. Love the DCT, paddle shifting 6 speed trans and quiet. Don’t care for Honda’s slow timetable in addressing needed updates. With Talon being rather far behind it’s competitors IMO and me not buying green bananas anymore, I’m thinking of a new or VERY slightly used non-Polaris. Really like the YXZ but only with FACTORY lower rpm motor, low gear box and bigger tires. Yep, does not exist. The RMAX is accessibly difficult to maintain. I’ve studied the KRX since seeing the first unit at a local dealership. While robust and non-turbo, Kawasaki did a super job right out of the gate.

My desires for a UTV are not unique, I know. I‘m considering the 2 seater ES model. Okay you non-live valve members, I know I don’t NEED it. But I want it. And yes, we are seeing more of the smart suspension in the pro-off road community. Not yearning for arm wrestling. Just a hi howdy and what do you think is welcome. BTW, wintertime I’m in SW desert.

Thank you for letting me ramble…

· Registered
2021 KRX SE
963 Posts
New member here.

Hello all! Looks like I’m going to be bleeding GREEN again very soon. A new 2003 Orange Z1000 was my last Kawasaki purchase. Before that were a custom built for me 1995 KLX340 STROKER (250 base model) built by Larry Roeseler and a 1991 KX500. All were awesome and almost too much fun to ride.

Now and a lot of Yamaha Rhino years later, I’m drifting over from Honda Pioneer 1000’s. Love the DCT, paddle shifting 6 speed trans and quiet. Don’t care for Honda’s slow timetable in addressing needed updates. With Talon being rather far behind it’s competitors IMO and me not buying green bananas anymore, I’m thinking of a new or VERY slightly used non-Polaris. Really like the YXZ but only with FACTORY lower rpm motor, low gear box and bigger tires. Yep, does not exist. The RMAX is accessibly difficult to maintain. I’ve studied the KRX since seeing the first unit at a local dealership. While robust and non-turbo, Kawasaki did a super job right out of the gate.

My desires for a UTV are not unique, I know. I‘m considering the 2 seater ES model. Okay you non-live valve members, I know I don’t NEED it. But I want it. And yes, we are seeing more of the smart suspension in the pro-off road community. Not yearning for arm wrestling. Just a hi howdy and what do you think is welcome. BTW, wintertime I’m in SW desert.

Hello an welcome to the forum. +1 on kawi doing a great job out of the gate.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
New member here.

Hello and welcome to the forum. All opinions welcome. :)

· Registered
310 Posts
Welcome. Take it from a former rzr and Rmax4 owner. Kawa is easier, better built and comfy. Rmax had its good traits but what a PIA. Rear seat design is a joke. Teryx4 better design. RZR is well a RZR. On my 4th Kawa utv now with krx4 and still loving it and so is the wife and kids!

· Registered
8 Posts
I see lots of new members every day. Don't be shy. Jump on in and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about your machine and where you're from.
hi, just joined your group, to check out the pluses and minuses of your KRX. Currently have a 2017 yxz 1000 ss which i've had for about two years now. I ride mostly in some rocky central/south texas areas and have been advised to dump it for the KRX. I dont think the krx has the shifter type power that the yxz has, but I really dont feel I need it for the type of riding I mostly do. Any opinions on this? I've heard the first models had some knuckle type issues, any truth to that?

· Registered
310 Posts
No it has a mellow torque power to it. Nothing snappy, but strong throughout. Bit of lag at the start which allows it to be so smooth and not eat belts. I like it but some of the sporty feel is gone. It isnt one to bog on hills like some or will it light up and snap the rear quickly. Rmax was sporty. RZR was as well yet Kawa is right close in race but losing. Honestly the most sporty non turbo I drove was rzr 900 trail with tunes. Quick lil bugger. No knuckle issues etc. Bugs worked out.

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
hi, just joined your group, to check out the pluses and minuses of your KRX. Currently have a 2017 yxz 1000 ss which i've had for about two years now. I ride mostly in some rocky central/south texas areas and have been advised to dump it for the KRX. I dont think the krx has the shifter type power that the yxz has, but I really dont feel I need it for the type of riding I mostly do. Any opinions on this? I've heard the first models had some knuckle type issues, any truth to that?
Hello and welcome.
The first year KRX had knuckle issues that Kawasaki addressed and remedied. It is no longer an issue. My KRX is an early build. It was built in October 2019, and I bought it in December 2019. I have had zero issues with it (Kawasaki replaced the a-arm/knuckles) and it is the most capable rock and trail machine you can buy. It has as much power as all the rest of the N/A machines (112 HP) but it has a much different delivery. Incredibly smooth and literally feels like driving with an automatic transmission, even when rock crawling. Not another machine on the market today that I would rather have here in the rocky mountains.

· Registered
21 Posts
New member here.

I’m onboard now. New eS 2 seat. May a little spending begin. Think my wife will be getting some Christmas gifts wrapped in green this year…

· Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
41 - 59 of 88 Posts