Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my primary and secondary back from JBS Performance. They did a great job machining the sheaves to get a 15% reduction. After a short test in my parking lot I can definitely feel a difference. The gearing feels lower than stock with my 35" XG's. I'm heading out this weekend to do some riding, won't be much rock crawling, but I should get a good idea how it runs now.

They don't run the primary spring with this setup. After this machining, the belt rides up higher on the secondary and lower in the primary.

Attachments

Reactions: TripleB

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Do you mind telling us what the cost is?
$700 plus the shipping back.

They are great to work with. I mainly talked with Little James.

Reactions: TripleB

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far, after three days of trail riding, I like the lower gearing. Still really haven't had the chance to try on some big rocks.

If we get a break from this heat, I will try to get out to some rock crawling.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was able to get a little rock crawling in this past weekend. At this place called Three Peaks OHV, just outside of Cedar City Utah. W.E. Rock has an event there every year. I was hoping there would be some wheelers around when I was there so if I got myself into a pinch, they could help me out.

Place is fun, mostly short, but steep stuff to play on. The gear reduction works great, along with the 35" Pro Armors. Made everything seem easy.

Here is a video I made.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
I want to go the other way, I don't like the High RPM's I want to run 35 mph at 3k instead of 4800.
Im in the same boat as you. I could go for a lower rpm and quieter cruiser. Heck, maybe I would getter gas milage too

·
Registered
247 Posts
Im in the same boat as you. I could go for a lower rpm and quieter cruiser. Heck, maybe I would getter gas milage too
Have u tried taking ur primary spring out?doesn’t cost u anything and difinatly lowers the rpms.best thing I have done to date to the krx

·
Registered
Las Vegas, NV
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have u tried taking ur primary spring out?doesn’t cost u anything and difinatly lowers the rpms.best thing I have done to date to the krx
When I got the clutch back from JBS, they left the spring out. They recommended, it is better out. I get better results adding more weight to the fly weights to lower the RPM's, but too much, you will loose bottom end.

I'm not too worried about the high RPM at cruising speeds, I don't notice the noise. I run with KRX rear poly window and a roof. With my old SXS, I ran without any windows or roof, wearing a full face helmet and it was loud to me.

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
I can talk boost and electronics but I am lacking in experience with CVT. So, take out the primary spring, button everything back up and I should get a lower RPM? I will try soon enough if that's the case.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
477 Posts
Please do test and post results. I respect your opinion. I listen to everyone.

I’m on 35’s so didn’t do it as the tires - as you know- lower rpm’s at x trail speed. Some say modify the spring but most remove. Easy to find the threads they are at the top when you look at new threads. Been a thing since before I bought mine in January 2021. One of the first things I heard about.

Clutch mods on a Wolverine X2 was a necessity. One of the reasons I bought a KRX is it really doesn’t need mods, nothing like other machines. Accessories yes. But Kawasaki got the important stuff right.

Until you want to go bigger and better and that’s where the aftermarket steps in!

Reactions: Tyekay2390
1 - 13 of 13 Posts