Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube videos are impressive. I'm torn between these and the Right Coast Offroad ones. Does anyone have the JBS weights in use yet that can share their feedback?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would like info myself I can tell you I talked to vforcejohn and he refused to sale me anything simply because I had a alba tune even offered to purchase tune from him also and he still refused so I am in the market also

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the right coast weights from Deranged off road, real easy to install. Couldnt believe how worn my oem's were. Problem I had mine was shifting like a manual.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ours is starting to shift at upper 30's to 40. Hard to believe the weight are shot at 1000 easy miles.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure what to thik of that “home” video. Doesnt tell me a whole lot. Why cant these “clutch tuners” give us a before/after video lined up against a stock machine?? Maybe during the day...
Preach it Sandman. There are hardly any videos of before/after with the KRX on most things out there.
Would love to even see some testing videos. Hype it up, you know. The Turbo and Supercharger guys have lots to say but I want to see it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Say what you want to say but I am glad that I bought these weights, #1 my factory weights were so worn at 2300 miles I couldnt believe it. #2 I always had this noise like a rattle of some sort maybe coming from the cvt area and now its gone since I installed these clutch weight. #3 I do like the feel of more power at low end to middle, pulls alot harder thats what I notice.#4 and it stopped the shifting like a manual. Now sorry I didnt have another KRX out there nor I didnt do any times on it. All I know is it took away that damn rattle it had in the cvt area, and you can feel it pull harder then stock and hope these do last alot longer then the cheap azz factory ones. Now I do have proof of how bad the factory ones were worn and how bad they are and I even said if anyone wanted to see them I would be glad to text photo's to anyone that wanted to see them. So I am 100% happy that I bought these weights and they are worth every penny period!!! Again if they only last like the oem ones did then I will not be a happy camper, But time will tell. Again as of right now I am very happy with them. Even if they had another KRX out there what would that prove??? You can still make one look better/faster then the other one on a video. Dont always believe what you see on the internet. I bought these weights to handle 1 thing and that was the shifting like a manual and it did plus I got better power and no more rattle so the weights did more for me then I wanted. Just saying have a great day!!! I am going to go for a ride.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How many times in that 2300mi did you do any clutch maintenance? At a minimum the clutches should be blown out every few hundred miles If you ride in dusty conditions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
every 500 miles I do a service like remove drive belt check it for ware, blow out clutches n housing real good, And wipe down with alcohol so belt has clean surfaces then clean pre filter n air filter. Just like I do with my RS1 I have over 6000 miles on my RS1 and still on the factory drive belt and NO clutch problems as well. I also still running my the same factory drive belt that came in the KRX. I know about maintenance lol. The factory weights are just junk to soft of material. Any other questions just ask have a great day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good question I would read the manual. I just do it because it collects alot of dust in there if driven in real bad dusty areas. I just made it apart of my maintenance. Put it this way you cannot have to much maintenance lol.

·
Registered
2020 Krx 1000
147 Posts
I don’t go by mileage on mine, I go by what I’ve been riding in. If it was a really dusty run (which it has been this year) that I just did, then I’ll pull the cover and blow out the clutches and air filter. For the 30 mins it takes to do it, it’s just piece of mind for me.

The dust IMO is the culprit in early belt wear. I know the stuff we have here in AZ, is a fine powder like grit. And even with the frog skins, some still makes it’s way past.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As far as clutch maintenance goes...... is it a good idea to use emery paper on the clutch surface....if so, how often or when is a good indicator that it should be done?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts